Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2009 09:00

CX4-120 New DAE's

I just racked my 2 new DAS's into my existing storage cx4-120. Once i powered on both DAE's i setup the EA for each on of them as the first one 0/1 and second 0/2 for A and B sides. Once done i connected the LCC cables first at A side from exp to primary and again from exp to primary. Same for B side.
i opened NST and run the wizard to install a new hardware the wizard shows found 3 DAS's with 0/0 , 0/1 and 0/2 , clicking to the next page it asking to use address 0/3 in some reason and asking for some reason to install the second DAE with the recommended address 0/3 ??? -
i verified twice EA and cables are setup correctly.

Also when opening navisphere manager it's shows DAE 0/2 with the symbol F. the first DAE detected successfully. Also when opening the disk section under physical shows E symbol for each disk

Any reason why i have this issue?
tx for any help

149 Posts

May 6th, 2009 10:00

Seems to me the second DAE 2 was attach to early and this can cause the DAE to be not recognize .
What I will suggest is the following :

- Power off the DAE 2 and live off

- restart the management server on booth sp one at the time (point browser to http://ipaddresssp/setup)

- wait for NaviSphere to come back and check you need to see only DAE 1 and no DAE2

- re run the NST and follow the step by step procedure

Regards
Pierluca

193 Posts

May 6th, 2009 12:00

any other option beside rebooting sp's. this will affect ton's of vm's running in production?

193 Posts

May 6th, 2009 12:00

just to make sure, by booting the sp one at a time A and than B when the DAE is off (power and LCC) - it will not take all my vm in production down?!

193 Posts

May 6th, 2009 13:00

got you
Thanks

4.5K Posts

May 6th, 2009 13:00

not reboot, restart the management server - this will not reboot the SP's.

Open IE and point URL to IP_Address_SPA/setup - log in and find the select called "Restart Management Server" click button and then on next page click on submit. This will restart the management server on the SPA.

After you restart SPA, wait for about 60 seconds and see if you can open Navisphere on SPA, then restart the management server on SPB.

glen

193 Posts

May 6th, 2009 14:00

actually it is shows 0 now.
Thanks for all

193 Posts

May 6th, 2009 14:00

did that and reboot both mgmt servers. when opening navisphre manager (not NST) i can see all 3 DAE's with no error - Good!!. BUT in some reason on the back of the DAE the BUS is setup on 7 and not 0, i know ican change the EA but i can not change the bus # - any idea why i can see all normal on navisphere but physicaly on the third DAE it shows bus 7 and not 0 ?
No Events found!