Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2020 08:00

CX4-120 SP B Issues

I have a CX4-120 that is not under warranty and it has a few issues. I had a previous error that a DIMM failed on SPS B. I replaced the the DIMM and that error went away. Along with the previous failed DIMM message there is a message that SP B is faulted 0x7403, Unisphere can no longer manage SP B 0x743a, and SPE Power B0 and B1 are faulted 0x7402.

I tried connecting to the SP B ipaddress\setup to reboot the management for SP B but I can't connect nor can I ping the ip address of SP B. There are no amber lights on the back of the SAN. On the front the CPU Module B triangle light is blinking. 

In Unisphere under the storage hardware view Enclosure SPE shows F, Enclosure SPE Power B0 and B1 show faulted, SP B shows removed while CPU module B and DIMMs B show present and Enclosure SPE SPS B shows removed.

I also see this:

SPA
Peer Boot State:
Failed. Illegal Configuration e.g SAN Enclosure is put into NAS. Recommendation: Reconfig

SPB
Peer Boot State:
Invalid. Invalid boot fault information

I have no warranty on this so if I have to replace a part I can do that. I am at a loss of what the issue is. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

• 

6.9K Posts

March 13th, 2020 12:00

Hello Phizmo,

Here is the EMC part#’s for a replacement SP.

EMC part# 103-048-101c, 103-051-100E, 303-129-100B

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

• 

6.9K Posts

March 12th, 2020 17:00

Hello Phizmo,

Based on the error codes that you listed it look like the os on the controller has failed.  If you have a spare controller for your CX4-120 I would try to add it to your enclosure.  What is your current version of flare on your CX4-120?

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

8 Posts

March 13th, 2020 09:00

Thank you for the response. I don't think I have a spare controller. Do you have the part number for the controller? I will look at my inventory spreadsheet and see if I have that part number. Flare is an old one, 04.29.00.5.003. This is used in a domain that is about to go away but I have to keep it alive until I can power it off.

8 Posts

May 7th, 2020 07:00

I replaced the part and now everything is working correctly. Thank you for your help.

No Events found!