Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 27th, 2009 04:00

CX4-480 installation with2 racks

Hello ,

first )if we have a cx4-480 with  2 racks and 13 DAEs..does any body know how  will it  be shipped from emc ?

i mean how many DAE's in each rack ?and the Buses connections

second) when we start the installation and powerup how to setup the Buses in  a small steps for this configuration

111 Posts

December 27th, 2009 09:00

The Interactive Installation Guide (IIG) ships with the storage system and will guide you throught the installation. The CX4-480 is completely customer installable, however Professional Services are offered for a fee if you would like EMC or an EMC Authorized Service Network Partner to preform the installation and/or implementation for you. You sales account team can help you with this.

The IIG as well as user customizable documentation can be found on EMC Powerlink at:

Home > Support > Product  and Diagnostic Tools > CLARiiON  Tools > CLARiiON CX4 Series

Assuming the order was placed to be factory racked then it will follow these rules:

• The CX4-480 has four back end busses (0, 1, 2 & 3). Each bus supports up to eight DAEs (numbered 0 to 7)
  • If your order contains a single bus speed and a single DAE type then the DAEs will be balanced across the backend buses.
  • If your order contains a single bus speed and two DAE types then each type will be isolated on separate buses and then balanced across the backend buses.
  • The DAE's located in the second cabinet will be balanced across the available backend busses, with each backend bus interconnecting physically adjacent DAE's.
  • There will be total of (10) DAEs including the DAE that contains the boot drives in the first rack. Additional DAEs will go into the second rack.
  • 1U of empty space is always left at the bottom of the cabinet to facilitate SPS installation/removal. An additional 3U is left to accommodate a possible future data-in-place upgrade to a CX4-960.
  • There can be up to (13) DAEs in the second cabinet.

·       

If you ordered both racks full that would be (23) total DAEs divided by four so that means that there will be (6) DAEs on Buses 0, 1 & 2 and (5) DAEs on Bus 3.

CX4-480_rack2.jpg

118 Posts

December 27th, 2009 12:00

Hi Jen

thanks for the details...

one thing I just want to make sure of that if the first rack was connected from factory  and the second also connected ..... how would I connect them ?

i mean Do i have to give the second rac which will have 3 DAEs a separate bus connected from the SPE BE port to 1 DAE in 2nd rack OR connect the last DAE in the first Rack  to the first DAE in 2nd rack ?

NOTE : all the 13 DAE's are the same type....

one thing ..... do i have to set EA for DAE's in the second RACK after powerup ?

Thanks for your valuable info

No Events found!