Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2012 08:00

Call Home/Notification Templates

Where specifically in PowerLink can the call home templates be downloaded?

Thanks,

-B

May 7th, 2013 00:00

I cannot see any versions listed on my Powerlink account. I used to see it in Services Partner Web under the VNX tab->Service Tools, but now it's not listed.

812 Posts

May 7th, 2013 00:00

I am getting 7.32.0.1 version for download from service tools. Which version you are looking for ?

May 7th, 2013 01:00

This is what I see....

Capture.JPG.jpg

812 Posts

ecn2.JPG.jpg

Are you able to see this ?

Clicking on Call-home Template File will download the latest template.

Please see if the breadcrumb trail in the following post helps:

https://community.emc.com/thread/174421

May 7th, 2013 02:00

I saw that post and I'm the last one to post to it, hoping that one of my posts would get someone's attention - obviously this one is it at the moment.

Thanks, George.

Please follow-up and work with support.  They will need to review your profile.

Thanks, will do.

1.4K Posts

May 7th, 2013 03:00

Hi George,

You will need to contact powerlink@emc.com for the required access. However, if you need the template file urgently please open a live chat with technical support, one the support engineer should be able to provide the .tpl file

Ankit

8 Posts

March 21st, 2014 08:00

EMC is no longer applying templates to SP's for call home events. The template being used by the ESRS system is can be obtained from the ESRS software download. Below is an email response from EMC:

Call home templates are no longer available since they are not required.

Currently there are two options for setting up call home on a VNX system:

For Block systems it is best to set up ESRS IP Client.  The call home template is included in the s/w download and is the only place where the template is used.  This download requires the customer to use their Powerlink account to download the s/w.  The system should authenticate by asking for the array s/n.  Email home from a SP is no longer a supported process for Block systems.

For File or Unified systems you can set up call home from the control station.  The call home template is embedded in the OE code for this process.

I have attached the following Knowledgebase article to assist you.

"What is the correct call-home configuration on VNX?" Article Number:000016259 Version:1

1 Attachment

No Events found!