Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

February 25th, 2011 03:00

Can an unused DAE be removed online?

Hi, just wondering if anyone here has done this, or knows the answer to it.

If i have a DAE (last one on the back-end loop) and it has no Raid Groups on it, can I simply switch it off and remove it from a live system with no problems ?

Obviously once the power has been removed the LCC links will also be disconnected from the back-end loops.

We have a couple of DAEs that were purchased for one particular service (therefore put on a particular AX4) and then never used. We now want to re-purpose them onto a different AX4 and would prefer not taking any services down.

thanks in advance for anyone's help...

259 Posts

February 28th, 2011 04:00

my experiences:

the dae can be removed online but each sp will need to be rebooted to clear the dae from the configuration.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 2nd, 2011 12:00

Once there is no Raid Groups or LUNs and it is the last DAE in the BE Loop, Yes, you can remove it online, and you don't need to reboot the SPs.

After remove the DAE, if the Flare code is Rel 24 or higher, you must open a browser, point to clarrion setup page (http:// / setup) , log in using Navisphere credentials and click on button Restart Management Server and confirm. This process must be done on both SPs.

If the flare is below Rel 24, you must restart naviagent on both SPs prior to restart management server.

Alexandre Siqueira

44 Posts

March 3rd, 2011 06:00

but this is an AX4, FLARE is 2.23.50.5.707, so not rel24.

will procedure still work on this FLARE version ?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 08:00

Yes,

It will still work, You jsut need to restart management Server on Both SPs

Alexandre Siqueira

4.5K Posts

March 8th, 2011 12:00

Please remember to mark the question as Answered when you get the correct or best answer. Also, please award points to the person providing the best answer.

glen

44 Posts

March 9th, 2011 04:00

ok, thanks to everyone who contributed.

I cannot find a single link on this page, that is clearly identified, of how to close this thread.

4.5K Posts

March 9th, 2011 12:00

When you "reply" you should see a "Mark as Answered" under the Subject line

glen

44 Posts

April 12th, 2011 07:00

thankyou., i've closed this thread now.

No Events found!