2 Bronze

DMX Drives in a Clariion?

Jump to solution

Hey guys,

Does the DMX drives- namely the

100-880-817 work in a CX3-20, latest FLARE code?

Thanks!

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Tellurium

Re: DMX Drives in a Clariion?

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

Refer to EMC Parts Compatibility Database web site  for checking compatibility of different parts with different hardware models and code levels. This site gives link to ALL_VNX_CLARiiON_Celerra_Disk_OE_Matrices which lists drives compatibility with different Clariion/ VNX models and FLARE versions.

Vipin V.K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
4 Tellurium

Jump to solution

Hi Dan,

Refer to EMC Parts Compatibility Database web site  for checking compatibility of different parts with different hardware models and code levels. This site gives link to ALL_VNX_CLARiiON_Celerra_Disk_OE_Matrices which lists drives compatibility with different Clariion/ VNX models and FLARE versions.

Vipin V.K

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks! Turns out the seller haf the wrong part number, it was really 005048633, which is all good! Whooo 10x brand new of those for $200!

0 Kudos
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

is your Clariion under active maintenance contract with EMC ?

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Oh, i wish.  This is well out of maintenance, otherwise i'd never be putting drives outside of EMC's channel.

2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Hello,

Although this topic is old, I have the same question.

Is is possible to reformat the DMX disks in order to be supported by the Clariion storage system?

As far as I understood the DMX-3/DMX-4 disks have 512bytes/sector disk geometry while the Clariion ones have 520bytes/sector. If the disk geometry for a DMX disk is changed to 520byes/sector using a Linux/UNIX machine, are there any chances that the disk to be recognized by Clariion?

Regards,

Raul

0 Kudos
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Probably not - there is more to formatting the disk to 520 bytes per sector, it would also need the specific VNX/CLARiiON firmware - check the OE Flare Matrix to be sure.

glen

0 Kudos