Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 22nd, 2010 06:00

EMC Connectrix MDS 9124

Hi all,

I have a consultation with in relation to EMC 's switches procedures of installation MDS 9124. I have access through powerlink to the EMC Services Partner Web, but I have not found in the connectrix family, the generator of procedures for these switches. For example, according to the report that gives me to the Switch Analysis Tool this switch does not have to match kictstart's version, neither the systems version, for such motive I have to update the operating system of the switch and I would like to know if some procedure not to make mistakes for example in the version for this switch exists .

The MDS 9124 swith has Kickstart version : 4.1 (3a) and System version: 4.1 (3a), the EMC report requires version 4.2.3 . In powerlink, there is for this switch version 5.0.4.

Note: I'm going to connect this switch with Storage CX4-120 with flare 30.

Thank you very much for attention.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2010 10:00

not sure what you are trying to do, do you want to upgrade the switch ?  If yes, always install EMC supported version of NX-OS found here

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads C > Connectrix Firmware C Series NX-OS

you want to use E-Lab navigator to get over all environment compatibility

https://elabnavigator.emc.com/do/navigator.jsp

November 22nd, 2010 10:00

Hi dynamox,

Thank you for your response. I need install and upgrade this new switch, and my question is : Is there any procedure generator for these switches or where do I find it?

Thanks, 

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 22nd, 2010 11:00

i am not familiar with EMC procedure generator for Cisco upgrades, you can always download Cisco documentation. Here are my notes:

1) "copy running-config startup-config"

2) "copy startup-config tftp://mytftpserver/backup.config"

3) "copy tftp://mytftpserver/m9200-xxxxx.bin bootflash:m9200-xxxx.bin"

4) "copy tftp://mytftpserver/m9200-xxxx-kickstart-xxx.bin  bootflash:m9200-xxx-kickstart-xx.bin

5) "dir bootflash:" ...verified everything looked good

6) "show version image bootflash:m9200-xxxx.bin and  m9200-xxx-kickstart-xx.bin" - looks good, displayed correct version.

7) "install all system bootflash:m9200-xxx.bin kickstart  bootflash:m9200-xxx-kickstart-xx.bin

November 23rd, 2010 03:00

In addition to what dynamox provided above, from PowerLink, in the header of the link referenced above, just follow the URLs back to Cisco for the installation/upgrade steps.  Below is a screenshot of the header with the hyperlinks circled in red:

nx-os.png

No Events found!