Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 23rd, 2009 07:00

EMC Storage Viewer crashes Vsphere client

Where do we get support for the EMC Storage Viewer? I opened an SR and was brusquely rejected, EMC support does not support it. I sent an email to EMCStorageViewer@emc.com (the feedback link on the Storage Viewer download site) and have received no reply.

We have ESX 4.0, VSphere 4.0, and CLARiiON CX3 and CX4 systems, all with updated Flare code. I have installed (multiple times) Solutions Enabler 7010, have properly registered the CLARiiONs, and it can see the luns.

We installed Storage Viewer 2.0 on the Vsphere Client, and successfully registered the SE server with it.

On the EMC Storage tab, under every circumstance when I click on "luns" and the "EMC Storage LUNs", EMC LUNs",  or "Storage Details" windows open, it displays "loading" for a few seconds, then the Vsphere client crashes and closes.

I have spent days on this, gone through all the docs multiple times, and tried all the solutions listed there to no avail.

How do I penetrate the EMC brick wall and find someone who can address this problem with us?

25 Posts

November 24th, 2009 12:00

This issue has been traced back to a known problem with Storage Viewer 2.0 related to device friendly names greater than 32 characters.  Storage Viewer 2.1 (soon to be released) fixes this problem.  If anyone else experiences this problem then please upgrade to Storage Viewer 2.1 when released.  Thank you.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 24th, 2009 04:00

David -

I saw your post in the Clariion Support forums and was concerned over some of the support issues described...

I have sent you an e-mail with some follow up questions and contact info and we'll look to track down some answers....

Thank you,

Robert Haggerty

Global Sr. Manager, Clariion Tech Support

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 7th, 2009 11:00

As a final follow-up to the question of support for Storage Viewer:

EMC Storage Viewer provides the user a view of the relationships between VMware virtual machines, disk files, datastores and underlying EMC storage devices including Symmetrix and CLARiiON. We welcome produce enhancement requests and feedback regarding EMC Storage Viewer.

Note:EMC Storage Viewer 1.1 and below is pre-release software, and as such, is not supported through

normal EMC Support Channels. The software is developed and tested by EMC, however, it is based upon

an experimental framework for accessing VMware Virtual Infrastructure; hence, EMC's support policy for

the Storage Viewer is in line with pre-release, or beta software.

How to get support for the 1.1 version: Use the feedback link on the

PowerLink download page. (e-mail)

How to get support for the 2.x version:Please open an SR via Powerlink Support and the call will be routed to the appropriate support team

Thank you,

Rob Haggerty

8.6K Posts

December 14th, 2009 02:00

FYI,

Storage Viewer 2.1 that lists your problem as fixed was just released.

you can get it from Powerlink Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads S > Storage Viewer

and the documentation in Powerlink Home >  Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ S ~ Documentation > Storage Viewer > 2.x

Rainer

No Events found!