Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 20th, 2009 18:00

Expand Migrated MetaLUN

Hi All,

I recently migrated a 6TB MetaLUN from FC disks to SATA II disks, with the view to expanding the LUN by another 5TB... The migration was successful however the metaLUN still shows as FC and won't allow me to select LUNS created from SATA II disks when I try to expand (concatenate).

This is on a CX3-80 running flarecode 26.

Thanks.

5.7K Posts

September 23rd, 2009 03:00

You could try to restart the management server (http:// /setup. Wait until the service is back up an restart the one on the other SP. This might help, but I'm not sure. It doesn't hurt anyway, since restarting the mgmt server can be done online.

2.2K Posts

September 21st, 2009 07:00

If you are using the same Navisphere session that was used to perform the migration, it could be that the session is not updating properly. Try closing the browser and starting a new Navisphere session. Also have you checked the metaLUN properties in the CLI?

naviseccli -h [array ip address] getlun [lun number]

4 Posts

September 21st, 2009 20:00

Restarting the browser does not change the behaviour.
naviseccli does not provide particularly useful information for the metalun.
using the CLI to perform the expand I get the error...

Error: metalun -expand command failed.
The drive type (SATA/FC) of all LUNs must be same within a metaLUN.

despite the fact that all existing disks in the meta are SATA II and those that I am trying to add are also SATA II... only the metaLUN show that it is FC (not the components)

4.5K Posts

September 22nd, 2009 11:00

I would suggest that you open a call with EMC - when you migrate a LUN, some of the LUN identities are kept so that the host still sees the LUN as the same - even if you change the raid type, the original will still be seen by the host.

glen
No Events found!