Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2014 17:00

FLARE upgrade operation failed while disabling cache settings

Hi,

After initiating the upgrade for a CX500 system, the operation stopped with the following error:

"Operation Failed: An error occured while disabling the cache settings (0x71518034)

Next phase to this is to run the check scripts but it didn't even go there.

When I checked the cache using command line, the read and write cache were successfully disabled.

I re-enabled to the read and write cache then re-execute the upgrade but it still failed on the same phase.

Has anyone of you encountered this issue?

Thanks,

Christian

February 28th, 2014 06:00

Another thing, considering the fact that you have unowned luns, is that you may have cache dirty on these luns that you need to clear [Bring lun Online Option in Navisphere] before upgrading the FLARE.

February 28th, 2014 00:00

Hi Christian,

Please try to restart management server of both SP through http:// /setup and restart the upgrade.

If not successful, rebooting SP one by one will do the trick.

11 Posts

February 28th, 2014 04:00

Hi sylvain,

I have actually performed an SP reboot as well before trying the second time.

What I have not done is to restart the management server but shouldn't the rebootSP cover this as well?

Also, at that time I have unowned LUNs which shouldn't really be unowned as they are not hot spares.

But they are standalone disks for backup purposes. I'm just not sure if this could have an impact on disabling the cache settings?

Thanks,

Christian

February 28th, 2014 06:00

Hi christian,

Yes rebooting SP covers the restart management server.

Did you try to zero out all cache values (read / write) ?

11 Posts

March 5th, 2014 16:00

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have fixed the unowned LUNs and just waiting for another schedule to re-execute the update.

4.5K Posts

March 17th, 2014 12:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

11 Posts

March 23rd, 2014 22:00

Hi sylvain,

I just retried the Flare upgrade yesterday after clearing all the unowned LUNs (had to actually recreate new LUNs as I am dealing with RAID type Disk).  But yes, it looks like the problem was due to unclean cache so I would say, it is always better to ensure that there are no faults nor unowned LUNs (even if they appear to be on bound state) in the system prior to any upgrade.

Regards,

Christian

No Events found!