Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 23rd, 2009 07:00

First LUN migration

Can I migrate to a larger LUN? Then use diskpart so windows sees it?

Does the new LUN need to be in the correct storage group before the LUN migration?

This is on a CX3-40, thanks,jb

139 Posts

Yes, you can migrate to a larger lun. You create a lun, and then initiate a lun migration. The destination lun does not need to be in any storage group, Clariion takes care of presenting it to the host. But you will need to use diskpart to see the additional space.

111 Posts

You can migrate to a larger LUN.

You must create the target LUN. Do not put it in a Storage Group.

The migration will copy all of the data from the source LUN to the new target LUN. Once complete and verified the identity of the source LUN will be applied to the target and the source LUN will be unbound. That means that the target LUN will have it's LUN number and UUID changed to the source LUN. Because of this change the target LUN ends up in the host's Storage Group. This is completely transparent to the host so no SCSI bus rescan or reconfiguration is required.

Once this operation is complete you can use Windows disk manager to expand the volume.

There are a few white papers on Powerlink. I will find the link and add them.

56 Posts

Thanks for the quick answers. I started the migration. How can I track the progress?

139 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 08:00

Go to tools in the top menu in Navisphere and click on migration summary.

56 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 08:00

Again, thank you.

Looks like its going to take 3 hours even using ASAP. I'm watching my SP's for performance issues.

thanks again. Have a great Christmas.

No Events found!