Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

May 7th, 2009 20:00

Ho to know and calculate delta changes on MirrorView after Sync

hi,

Any body can help and assist me how to know and calculate delta changes on MirrorView after sync.
We have implement CX4-240 and CX4-120 replicated using MirrorView (Async Mode) on Windows environment. May I know, how much delta changes on specific time after sync. Synw will do every 3 hours, so I want to know how much actually delta changes within 3 hours.?

5.7K Posts

May 7th, 2009 23:00

"It depends" is the only right answer. If you have apps that don't write much, there's not much deltas and if your database is hammering the disks like crazy, they're somewhat (understatement) larger.

4.5K Posts

May 8th, 2009 07:00

If you go to the Properties of the Mirror and look at the Secondary Image - there is a value for the how long the last update took.

glen

12 Posts

May 11th, 2009 02:00

Hi Glen,

Thanks for your assistance.
I have seen at Properties of Mirror and look at the Secondary Images, yes there is time last started and last ended also duration time. I also can see how much capacity per LUN synchronized. But I can't see how much actually delta changes (?MB) has been synchronized since the last synchronized. Because MirrorView not everytime do full sync, my understanding it's will full sync when first initialized. So, how I know ?MB delta changes has been synchronized at the second, third or four sync at specific time (I have set interval on 3 hours for the next sync). Does MirrorView have capability to monitor it? How to do it? Pls. your next assistance.

727 Posts

July 12th, 2009 10:00

If you have SAN Copy installed on the array, you can use the navicli command sancopy -info -reserved to get the reserved SAN Copy session information. One of the items returned for each session is "Number of blocks to copy". This will work only if the SANCopy enabler is installed.

If running without the SAN Copy enabler, you can an take SPCollect off the primary array and extract the RTP zip file. Look at the file SPx_mvacli_info.txt, one of the things listed is "Blocks to copy Next", which is the value (in blocks) that you're looking for.
No Events found!