Highlighted
TCLiven
2 Iron

How do I unregister an HBA after the storage group / host etc. has been deleted?

Jump to solution

Good Afternoon -

Fairly new to the EMC world, so please be gentle. I think I made a newbie mistake and cannot figure out what to do next.  P to V'd (vmware) a server that originally booted from SAN. I then went and 'cleaned' up the SAN by deleting the old physical servers remote mirror, consistency group, storage group and finally the LUN that it booted from.  I now receive an error in Navisphere that says...

HBA (20:00:00:E0:8B:09:7B:93:21:00:00:E0:8B:09:7B:93) on Host (server01.domain.COM(66d8d9ba-6535-4980-a1c3-9c623ffeb36d)) may not be connected to a storage group. This HBA is not able to access LUNs that belong to its server.

Alert Code: 0x721b

Resolution

Manually register the initiator in Navisphere or stop I/O from the server and remove/re-add it to the storage group. See online help for guidance.

Normally, I would follow the suggested resolution however the old physical server is long gone.  I then realized that the now virtual server (that USED to be a physical server) had Navisphere and SanSurfer was still running on it and thought that might have been the issue however no dice, I uninstalled the software and the error remains.  How can I tell Navisphere that server01 no longer exists, to get rid of the error?

Thank you in advance for your help.

CX4

FLARE Code 29

Navisphere 6

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kenn2347
3 Zinc

Re: How do I unregister an HBA after the storage group / host etc. has been deleted?

Jump to solution

You can right click on the array and choose "Connectivity Status"   Then find the old physical server and expand to see the initiators.   Then Click each initiator and select Deregister.   You may need to be in engineering mode to do this.

I would also remove the zones for that host from the active zoneset.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
minksg
3 Cadmium

Re: How do I unregister an HBA after the storage group / host etc. has been deleted?

Jump to solution

Hi - this sounds like a question for the support forums. Stand by and I'll get it moved for you.

-Gina

0 Kudos
TCLiven
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Goodness, I am sorry.  Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
kenn2347
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

You can right click on the array and choose "Connectivity Status"   Then find the old physical server and expand to see the initiators.   Then Click each initiator and select Deregister.   You may need to be in engineering mode to do this.

I would also remove the zones for that host from the active zoneset.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

go into connectivity status and deregister that initiator, it should be listed as "not logged-in"

TCLiven
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  So I didn't screw it up after all. Have a great night!

0 Kudos
TCLiven
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  So I didn't mess it up after all. Have a great night! (thought I better use a better word there even though it was not THE word)

0 Kudos