Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2012 04:00

How does Unisphere calculates Capacity on Dashboard

Hi everybody,

Are there documentation on how Unisphere calculates the Physical Capacity diagramm (with used, free raw disk, Free Storagepool) at Storage -> Summary.

Currently we are trying to establish some kind of Reporting, rather then logging into Unisphere. I did not find any naviseccli command to get these capacities as output. I was able to figured how to calaculate Free Storage Pool capacity. Free raw disk is just a problem when there is no Raidgroup over the first 5 drives. In this situation Unisphere somehow substracts the capacity used by flare (about 310 Gb but for every CLARiiON a bit different)

Can somebody tell me how the used capacity is calculated.

Our CLARiiONs are at FLARE 4.30

Thanks in advance

Regards Ronald04

May 9th, 2012 04:00

Hi

You can use Report feature in Unisphere to generate report about capacities of RG and storage pools.

Go to Monitoring > Reports > Report Wizard to generate reports.

Thanks

2 Posts

May 9th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

thanks for the quick answer.

But I am searching for an automation. For example a perl script which analyses naviseccli commands to calculate these capacities. But for now I don't know the formula for used Storage.

Free Storage Pool: sum of all free capacity in all RGs and Pools ( naviseccli storagepool, naviseccli getrg)

Free Raw Capacity: sum of raw disks in consideration of first 5 disks (naviseccli getdisk -capacity)

used: ?

I hope that is showing more clearly what I am searching for.

Regards

9 Posts

May 14th, 2015 08:00

The raw capacity can be calculated from the unbound disk.

Here you can try this:

naviseccli -h   getdisk  |  grep -A6 "State: Unbound" | grep Capacity  | tail -n+5  | awk '{sum+=$NF}END{print sum/1024}'

But I need to know how exactly Unisphere calculating the used space?

No Events found!