Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2009 13:00

How to get a Flare upgrade without maintenance with EMC

Hello,

We have a production CX-700. We currently do not have maintenance with EMC and our support is only for hardware with a partner vendor. That partner vendor does not have access to FLARE code. We are at FLARE 19, and I would like to go to at least FLARE 26. I called EMC and they said the only way this can be done was to re-sign a maintenance contract with them(EMC). Then I saw a paragraph on powerlink that says through the CLARiiON Health Check Service, flare upgrades are available to clients who do not have premium maintenance. Can anyone clarify this and if anyone knows what I have to do go about getting a FLARE upgrade.

Thank you!

HappyAdmin

2.2K Posts

July 13th, 2009 10:00

Send an email to powerlink@emc.com ans ask them to grant you access to FLARE code download for the Cx700. As long as you have that array serial number registered under your site ID you should be given access to the software. Then you can do as Ryan suggested and download the software along with the NST and do the install yourself.

261 Posts

July 10th, 2009 14:00

Seeing you have access to Powerlink, do you have this path available:?

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads C > CLARiiON CX700

You could technically download the Navisphere Service Taskbar and download the Flare and do it yourself... If your Powerlink account will let you.

-Ryan

77 Posts

July 11th, 2009 06:00

Thanks Ryan. I tried that and I only got a hot fix available, not FLARE code.

HappyAdmin
No Events found!