TCLiven
1 Nickel

Image has been fractured permanently. Remove the image and add it back for the mirror to be operational again. (0x71528358)

Hi All -

Rec'd this message over the weekend on one of our mirrors. This may be a really stupid question, but how do I delete the image?  I was thinking possibly by just killing the LUN, but I thought I should ask if there is a less destructive way of doing this.  If someone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.  Thank you!

Error in Navisphere --> Image has been fractured permanently. Remove the image and add it back for the  mirror to be operational again.  (0x71528358)

Call Home -->

File: FarConfig.cpp

Line: 11012

Details: Image:dc24e0bc60010650, Mirror:LUN_50, FailureStatus:0x7100802d. Remove the image and add it back for the mirror to be operational again.

71 52 83 59

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
avs
2 Iron

Re: Image has been fractured permanently. Remove the image and add it back for the mirror to be operational again. (0x71528358)

Hello

Open mirror property and click Force Destroy button on image tab. Which tab primary or secondary depends of clariion box replication role in that mirror pair.

You can't delete lun until it participate in mirror relation.

Alex

Avi3
3 Silver

Re: Image has been fractured permanently. Remove the image and add it back for the mirror to be operational again. (0x71528358)

When you right click on the mirror, you should see an option to remove secondary image. Do you get that option?

TCLiven
1 Nickel

Hi All -

Doh!!  I forgot I had to take the secondary LUN out of the mirror group prior to destroying.  Thank you both for your responses!  Do either of you know why this happens?  It is the first time I have seen it, so it kind of surprised me and not a whole lot of documentation out there on the why's..

0 Kudos
Avi3
3 Silver

MirrorView Knowledgebook on Powerlink goes over all the details you may want to know about this product.

Location: Home > Products > Software E-O > MirrorView > White Papers

URL: http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/White_Paper/h2417-mirrorview_knowledgeboo...?

0 Kudos