Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 6th, 2011 16:00

Moving DAE3Ps to another CX3-40

Greetings

Late last week I added two DAE3Ps to one of my CX3-40s.  The disks have been idling; no RAID groups; no LUNs.

This afternoon, a week later, my VP asked me to move them to another CX3-40.

To remove them from their current array, I disconnected the LCC cables; disconnected the power to the DAEs; cleared the faults by restarting the management processor on each SP.

After re-racking and re-cabling the DAEs to their new CX3-40, I found that the enclosures had kept their old addresses.  This has left a gap in the enclosure address range -- there are now many unused addresses in the sequence.

Two questions, please:

1> Will this be a problem going forward?

2> Is it possible to readdress the DAEs before carving them up?

Thank you --

Tim ==

542 Posts

May 8th, 2011 14:00

It wont be a problem going forward.  You will still be able to add DAE's up to the maximum for your system but they just wont be racked in the recommended order.

You could always follow the same steps you used to remove them from the old system.  Once you remove the HSSDC2 cables and your array faults, clear the faults by restarting the management server.  With power applied to those DAE's, (But not the HSSDC2 cables plugged in) set the correct enclosure ID on one DAE at a ttime.  Then plug in the HSSDC2 cable. You should be using the USM to do this.  It will tell you what is the next ID# for your system.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 6th, 2011 16:00

so you forgot to set the correct DAE address ?

1 Rookie

• 

15 Posts

May 7th, 2011 22:00

Also, How it affects the warranty if you move a shelf (DAE3P) to another system or serial number?

May 9th, 2011 14:00

Thank you, kenn2347 -- that was it!

No Events found!