Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 20th, 2009 14:00

Navi Agent for x64 Windows environment

Is there a x64 Windows version of the Navisphere Host Agent 6.28? I am trying to connect a new Exchange 2007 server to my CX4-120, and I found the x86 version, but no x64 version. I was just wondering if there were separate versions. Thanks.

2.2K Posts

There is just the one version for x86 and x64 hosts. It will just install in the "Program Files (x86)" directory.

261 Posts

Under Navisphere Server Software Downloads I found:

Navisphere Host Agent (Windows) 6.28.20.1.40
Navisphere Host Agent (Windows) 6.28 Software Download.
exe 37.3 MB April 23, 2009

Don't see x86 or x64, so don't believe they are separate.

-Ryan

16 Posts

July 21st, 2009 06:00

Yes, it has been rebooted more than once since PP installation. Should I try an uninstall/reinstall of PowerPath?

5.7K Posts

This looks like a PPath issue. Did you reboot the host after the PPath installation ?

5.7K Posts

Normally you should only get 1 disk per LUN in diskmanager when PPath is installed. Sometimes you need to reboot the host (yes, it is still Windows). But when you already rebooted the host and you're still getting extra LUN's, I don't know.....

What are the host LUN adresses for the 4 LUN's you presented to this host ? If no LUN 0 is connected to the host, the Clariion will present a LUN 0 for you. Make sure there is a Host LUN 0 for each host (in the storage group).

16 Posts

The Host ID's in the storage group are set to match the LUN ID number. (LUN 28=Host ID 28). Should I disconnect these LUN's from the storage group and add them back with Host ID's 0-3?

5.7K Posts

you only need 1 HLU 0 (host lun unit). Try changing the HLU for just 1 LUN to 0. I think this should work.

16 Posts

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I've got the Navi agent and PowerPath installed on my x64 server, and I have presented 4 LUN's to it in Navisphere. However, when I go into Disk Management to format the drives, I am seeing 8 drives presented. The first 4 are showing up as unreadable, and then the next 4 are showing the sizes that I presented to the server. When I open Properties of the unreadable drives, it shows them as DGC LUNZ Multi-Path Disk Device. I'm not really sure why these unreadable drives are showing up.

5.7K Posts

July 21st, 2009 07:00

You're welcome :D

16 Posts

July 21st, 2009 07:00

Thanks RRR. That solved the issue. Now we only see the 4 presented drives.

16 Posts

July 21st, 2009 12:00

I had set the Host ID's manually to match them with the LUN numbers. Matching the Host ID's and LUN numbers is something that was suggested to me by a consultant that helped me with a migration from a CX500 to the CX4-120 earlier this year.

1.5K Posts

July 21st, 2009 12:00

Sorry to join late in this conversation and glad to know that your problem is already solved - thanks to Rob and others.

However, from my own curiosity - I like to know, Initially when you had the issue with finding the devices under PowerPath, did you set the Host ID manually on did you leave it blank? I understand by default, if you don't specify any Host ID (HLU) manually, it should not create any issue. Thus wanted to verify.

Thanks,
Sandip

1.5K Posts

July 21st, 2009 13:00

That's clarifies why you had the issue at the very first time. There was no need to manually set the Host IDs - in that case, the host would have set them based on next available numbers on the host - but since you had set them manually - you need to have one LUN to be HLU 0.

Anyway thanks for the update.

Also, I understand this is your very first post in the EMC Support Forums - so, although a little late, but please allow me Welcome you to the EMC Support Forums from all of us :) - hope you find these forums useful, helpful, interesting and you can also contribute a lot in these forums. Happy posting - catch you soon :)

Cheers,
Sandip
No Events found!