Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2011 01:00

Navishpere Clariion Cx-3 80

Hi,

I have Clariion Cx-3 80 and using Navisphere 6. I know where to set ntp servers, but sometimes I have mail alert messages coming with wrong time  relating to the Navisphere info messages with wrong time and date. What I am looking for is where time and date  is configured  in Navisphere on Clariion Cx-3 80?

542 Posts

January 26th, 2011 06:00

Time and date is configured on the properties page of each SP.  IF your using NTP servers, it should be getting the correct time from them...

542 Posts

January 26th, 2011 07:00

when it is talking about domain there, it is talking about navisphere domain.  How many arrays do you have?  if you only have one, then tht is the only domain.  it has nothing to do with windows domains.

You can group multiple arrays into domains for easy management.

86 Posts

January 26th, 2011 07:00

Yes I have included 3 servers 129.6.15.28 which is time-a.nist.gov etc.

Wel there is a message: "NTP time synchronization will override manual clock settings. NTP is applied to local domain only."

So it might be  manual local settings? What does it mean by that?

NTP is applied to local domain only? Which domain? I do have win 2003 domain and as well Linux, but off course I have servers inside domain which are not blade servers?

Local setting of Primergy of Blade servers?

86 Posts

January 27th, 2011 02:00

yes, it is one array. yes, I have as I said two SP and both are configured  with 3 ntp servers. It seems that navisphere is configured properly. Basically what is the problem is maybe timing from another side Primergy. Ok, what I have missed is what is manual setting (remeber my last post)?

Time interval for synch is 4 hours for both sps. I am not sure that I have chosen the right ntp servers. Maybe to include time.windows.com (207.46.197.32)?

542 Posts

January 27th, 2011 07:00

I cant help you with the Primergy stuff as i dont know that product.  But i have seen most NTP configurations in which you have a NTP server in the domain.  it points to external NTP servers.  Everything in the domain points to the internal NTP server.  That keeps everything in the domain insync.

just my 2cents...

No Events found!