Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 5th, 2011 15:00

Need a sample NAR file

Hi,

I am trying to collect raw performance data from all CLARiiON LUNs and process this data without using a UI tool.

Currently, I don’t have Navisphere Analyzer and there is no plan to use it. However, since I can’t figure out a way to derive “LUN response time” out of navicli outputs (see discussion), I need to get a good idea of what a real NAR file looks like, just in case there is no other way than using Analyzer.

Anybody would be kind enough to share a typical NAR file so that I can look inside and see whether the data inside meets my need?

Thanks in advance,

Laurent.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 7th, 2011 06:00

how are you going to open it, it's a binary file.

30 Posts

August 7th, 2011 07:00

Oh, thanks Dynamox. From the discussions I have read, I was under the impression that this file was parseable.

A discussion such as this one made me think it was possible to process a NAR file without any external tool, and I assumed it was a text file, only encrypted if you don't have a license for Analyzer.

If we were getting a license for Analyzer, it would mostly be to generate the performance file. We would like to process the data and store it in a database, very much like in the discussion pointed out above. Is this not possible without using the Analyzer UI? Would the data first need to be open in the UI and then exported in another format?

Thanks,

Laurent.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 7th, 2011 08:00

message me privately with your email address

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

looks like you can do it with naviseccli, parse csv/txt and import it in your DB.

naviseccli analyzer -archivedump -data .nar -out .csv -object s,l,d -format  on,pt,u,ql,rt,tb,tt,rb,rs,rio,wb,ws,wio,up,ff,abql,dc,st,asd

30 Posts

Thanks, it looks like it would work.

Then I'm back to looking for someone who could share a sample NAR file.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 8th, 2011 07:00

have fun, let us know what you come up with ..sounds like an interesting project.

30 Posts

August 8th, 2011 07:00

Thanks very much for the file dynamox! I'm going to look at it this morning and see if I can get the kind of information I'm looking for.

4.5K Posts

August 8th, 2011 14:00

I believe the data in the NAR files has already been averaged before it's stored in the NAR files. It is not raw data. A lot of the vaules like response time are calculated from other vaules - what you see in the NAR are the results.

glen

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

October 17th, 2013 05:00

based on your avatar it looks like you work for EMC or a partner ...i am sure someone in your organization has a NAR file or two ?

4.5K Posts

October 17th, 2013 10:00

Please contact me directly and I'll help.

glen

4.5K Posts

October 18th, 2013 07:00

If you hover your mouse pointer over my icon, it will pop up a window where you can send me a message. I've already sent you on, so just reply to that.

glen

51 Posts

October 21st, 2013 00:00

hi guys, just install Unisphere server on my desktop, I think a sample *.nar file to test out would be great. I hover the mouse over glen and dynamox icon but cant seem to find a way to send a private message. I am end user.

4.5K Posts

October 21st, 2013 14:00

You need to be logged in to the forum for the "message" to be shown. This is what I see when I hover over your icon.

icon_message.jpg

glen

1 Message

November 15th, 2013 01:00

hi glen

i am new to emc can u share NAR file to me  nareshb9999@gmail.com

Thanks

4.5K Posts

November 15th, 2013 13:00

If you are EMC emplyee, please contact me internally.

If you are a non-EMC person, please send me a private email and I'll see if I can help.

glen

No Events found!