Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2017 00:00

Need help with Clarion CX4-480

Hi team,

We have a Clarion CX4-480 with 2 Disk Shelves. Not able to access it.

We had a previous Ip address configured . Tried multiple ways using serial Console Back to Back network , Navisphere but not able to access.

Can anyone suggest how to do a hard reset or How best we can access it.

4.5K Posts

August 28th, 2017 08:00

First you should verify that the array is booting up correctly. For the CX4 there are the lights (Power and Fault) on the back of the array and the sequence that is displayed when booting up:

CX4-480 Management Module.PNG.png

CX4 Boot Lites.PNG.png

If you don't get this then you have problems with the SP's.

glen

5 Posts

August 28th, 2017 23:00

Hi Glen,

Thank you for the response. Attached is the snapshot for the Storage . Please let me know any options to resolve the issue.

Tthanks,

Nilamadhab

20170829_105348.jpg20170829_105223.jpg

4.5K Posts

August 30th, 2017 09:00

The second image does not look like a CX4-480 - this is what the back of the CX4-480 looks like. The first image appears to the the front of a CX4-480 (those would be the power supplies). The part numbers in the second image are not EMC part numbers. Are you sure that the second image  is the CX4-480?

Also, there is no "reset" on the CX arrays. If the software image is corrupted, the only solution is to "re-image" the Storage Processors (SP's). This is a task for support personnel and not something that can be done in the forums. You need to find the CX4-480 and the attached BBU that supplies the power to the SP's. As I mentioned in the last post, power off the CX4-480, then power on and watch the Power/Fault LEDs - they should cycle through a series a steps indicated by the frequency of flashes.

CX4-120-240-480.PNG.png

On the back of a CX4-480 you can find the PSN - this will have the unit serial number and part number.

CX4-PSN.PNG.png

glen

5 Posts

September 4th, 2017 02:00

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the update, yes second image is the CX4-480. kindly find the full image of CX4-480 backside .

Thanks,

Nilamadhab20170831_124114.jpg

5 Posts

September 4th, 2017 03:00

Hi Glen,

Thanks for the update, yes second image is the CX4-480, kindly find the full image of CX4-480 back side. Need your inputs on how to go ahead now with reimage of the SP’s.

Thanks,

Nilamadhab

4.5K Posts

September 5th, 2017 11:00

First, did you verify the sequence of lights on the back when the array is booting up? That will tell you what needs to be done to get your array back up. My first post explained what to look for when the array is booting. Check the lights and see if it follows the sequence. Where it stops will provide information necessary to determine what the next steps are. In your last image (which is upside down) I can not determine what the state of the LEDs for SPA and SPB are - the light is over saturated. You need to provide either a description of the Power and Fault LEDs or a better image which shows to colors.

I would recommend that you try powering on the array again and note that the sequence of lights are or each SP.

This is the sequence for the Power and Fault lites:

• At initial power-up, the Power LED will be on and the Fault LED will be off, while the power supplies and the voltages on the SP stabilizes.
  • The first stage in the SP boot sequence is the BIOS test. This is indicated by the Power LED on and the Fault LED (amber) blinking at a rate of once in every 4 seconds (.25 Hz).
  • The second stage in the SP boot sequence is the SP POST (Power On Self-Test). This is indicated by the Power LED on and the Fault LED (amber) blinking at a rate of once in a second (1 Hz). Extended POST checks every PROM checksum on the array.
  • The third stage in the boot sequence has POST start the OS load. This is indicated by the Power LED on and the Fault LED (amber) blinking at a rate of 4 times in a second (4 Hz).
  • The fourth stage in the SP boot sequence is the OS boot complete. This is indicated by the Power LED on and the Fault LED (blue) blinking at the rate of once in every 4 seconds (.25 Hz).
  • The fifth stage in the SP boot sequence has the OS start the FLARE drivers. This is indicated by the Power LED on and the Fault LED (blue) blinking at the rate of once in every second (1 Hz).

Re-imaging the Storage Processors is a support only function - you'll need to contact your local EMC representative. The process is too complicated and contains proprietary information that can not be discussed on a public forum.

glen

43 Posts

September 6th, 2017 04:00

Hi,

If you are really in doubt about the IP addresses. Then, I would suggest connecting to service LAN port with IP 128.221.1.250 for SPA or 128.221.251 for SPB, subnet mask = 255.255.255.192.

You may set your laptop IP to:

IP=128.221.1.249

Netmask=255.255.255.192

Gateway=128.221.1.1

- from the browser in your laphttp://128.221.1.250/seup" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer nofollow ugc noopener noreferrer">http://128.221.1.250/setup

Enter your login information, Then you can see the SPs IP addresses.

- If doesn't work, please let me know if you have access to:

http://128.221.1.250:9519

Best Regards,

Mohammad Makadmeh

5 Posts

September 14th, 2017 22:00

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for the update, as you suggest we tried that but it is not working.

Thnaks,

Nilamadhab

31 Posts

May 12th, 2021 10:00

have an old clariion cx4-480. i need the login information for remotelyanywhere. Do you have the default account.

• 

6.9K Posts

May 12th, 2021 11:00

Hello adsfgvadvg,

The login for remotely anywhere is for support and partners & is not provided to customers.

No Events found!