Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 11th, 2013 15:00

Physically move CX3-40 to new location

I will be moving my CX3-40f to a new physical location, datacenter move. Has anyone moved their Clariion and what gotchas have you encountered?

Thank you in advanced.

Alan T.

Systems Administrator

Nautilus Inc

atullis@nautilus.com

1.4K Posts

September 11th, 2013 18:00

1. Expect multiple disks failure [amber led lit on same enclosure] - Soln: Reseat LCCs

2. If your hosts are unable to see the LUNs : Check and verify Zonning.

Having said above, if cost is not constraint I would recommend this under EMC Supervision.

Also, Label every component correctly before you move the Storage Unit. It will help you if you face any chaos situation.

812 Posts

September 12th, 2013 03:00

1. Label all the cables which will be removed during shifting activity .

2. Ensure the rack/components are not getting damaged during movement.

If the material is being moved smoothly considering the EMC recommendations of rack movement (tilting etc..) and all the cables are back in place, there is a very less chance of multiple hardware failures.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 12th, 2013 05:00

btw, if this array is under EMC warranty and you move it yourself, EMC has the right to void your support warranty. Verify that aspect with your local team.

38 Posts

September 12th, 2013 23:00

Nothing , you must carefully moving rack and components

4.5K Posts

September 20th, 2013 14:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

September 20th, 2013 15:00

Thank you everyone for the answers. Moving the system in place is not an option. This is a slightly complicated move as the system spans two 4-post racks and I am moving them into a single rack. I have labeled everything and will carefully oversee the physical move.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

No Events found!