dchristenson
1 Copper

Report, or view, used space vs. available space for SAN newbie.

Jump to solution

I am very new to supporting our SAN.  I was asked to provide our used space vs. available space on our Cx4-240, Unisphere ver is v1.0.0.30.  I've searched through existing posts in here, and couldn't find the tab that was mentioned, and the reports tab I can find says "No storage system in the domain supportthe functionality of generating report." when I run the Reports Wizzard.

I see the very high level view of how much space is carved out, and what's left when I open Unisphere.  Is there a place to find how much of this space is used?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Report, or view, used space vs. available space for SAN newbie.

Jump to solution

Could you please let us know whether you have pools configured? or Raid Group.

if its pool, then from the pool preperty (browse the tab Storage >> Pool / Raid Groups) you can find for each, otherwise you can use the Unisphere report (Monitoring >> Reports ), follow the one you're intended

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Could you please let us know whether you have pools configured? or Raid Group.

if its pool, then from the pool preperty (browse the tab Storage >> Pool / Raid Groups) you can find for each, otherwise you can use the Unisphere report (Monitoring >> Reports ), follow the one you're intended

View solution in original post

Highlighted
dchristenson
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have RAID groups.  When I opened the Monitoring > Reports tab yesterday, it gave the errpr "No storage system in the domain supportthe functionality of generating report."  Today it worked, but I also browsed to the RAID groups tab first, the Monitoring > Reports.  Is this why it worked today?

Thank you for your help.