December 30th, 2010 01:00

SATA EFD's ?

I have read something about cheaper SATA EFD drives comming to Clarrion

Is this a roumor, ore fackt ?

Kenneth Hansen

34 Posts

January 12th, 2011 10:00

Hi again David

"we know they perform as well or better in some cases than the FC models we use."

have you somekind of proof on that one, grafs ore arctichels,

That sound silly for me whit the small SATA interface, compared to FC :-)

Kenneth

75 Posts

January 12th, 2011 11:00

As I stated before, please have your TC contact a local USPEED rep to run through the nubmers.

And forget the 3 GB vs 4 GB difference, let me ask you - if a highway has 4 lanes, is it 'slower' to dragrace down than an 8-lane highway? NO it is not. And the way SSD are most used - small random IOPS, it is a drag race, The width of that highway is immaterial. All for now, your meter has run out! ;-)

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 09:00

Can FC SSD disks hot spare SATA SSD disks.  We just tired a copy to hot spare on the CX4 and it will not let us select disks that dont match the exact type.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 10:00

These are all flash drives. They just show up as different types of flash drives, fc ssd and sata ii ssd.

727 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 10:00

Only Flash drives can spare for another failing flash drive for performance reasons. So the behaviour that you are seeing is as expected.

3 Posts

December 2nd, 2011 11:00

Thanks Avi,

I got some clarification.  There are special rules related to proactive hot sparing that were restricting our use of the SSD host spare.  differing drive types accured because the spare takes the drive type from the source disk.

No Events found!