Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 5th, 2011 08:00

SNMP MIB library

Dear EMC,

I would like to manage my EMC clariion AX-4 and AX-150 through SNMP with PRTG monitoring tool.

I'm looking for SNMP MIB file ? I read somewhere that there wasn't such a library, but the entry was from 2007. Is it still the same status ?

I tried to use the fiber alliance mib file, but it's content is simply not usable. Like a lot of IT administrator, i'm just interesting about the status of the array, the disks, the RAID pool, the free space on the disks...

I tried also to send traps from the Clariion, but same things happens. There is simply no informations about the status of the disks.

I read another documentation about the EMC Disk Library (EDL), who is using SNMP MIB file. What's this EDL ? Where can we download the MIB file ?

I'm looking also for a document called "Managing EMC Clariion with snmp". Where can I download this document ?

At the end, I would like to have a clear information about the possibilities to manage EMC Clariion through SNMP ? It seems to me that a lot of people are waiting or are looking for such a technology. What's the position of EMC ?

Thanks for all

Olivier Paudex 

180 Posts

September 6th, 2011 08:00

Hello,

The team is going to move this thread to the Support Forums Community where your question can be addressed.

Thanks,

Stephanie

244 Posts

September 6th, 2011 08:00

Hello,

We've moved your question to the CLARiiON Support Forums Community where your question should receive a prompt response. Thanks.

36 Posts

September 6th, 2011 11:00

There is no support on Clariion arrays to get status about disks, luns, pools etc. by SNMP.

September 8th, 2011 04:00

Hi there,

Ok, I understand that there is no SNMP support for the Clariion disks array.

Now, I read that there is another possibility to check the disks status with the CLI. I tried to look for the CLI on your website, but unfortunately don't find it. Is it still available ? Where can I download it ?

Thanks

727 Posts

September 12th, 2011 08:00

It is available here:

Home > Support > Software Downloads and Licensing > Downloads J-O > Navisphere Server Software

http://powerlink.emc.com/km/live1/en_US/Offering_Technical/Software_Download/NaviCLI-Win-32-x86-en_US-7.31.0.3.76-1.exe?

September 13th, 2011 23:00

Thanks Kelleg and Avi, but unfortunately, I don't have access neither to the PDF nor the the CLI download.

How can I have more rights to access the download links ?

Thanks

Olivier Paudex

727 Posts

September 21st, 2011 15:00

I guess you don't have the right privileges in your Powerlink account. You would have to contact the Powerlink support for this. Try sending an email to Powerlink@emc.com and see if your account privileges can be checked.

1.4K Posts

April 22nd, 2013 11:00

It is available for the customers. However, I do not have access to Powerlink for now so I can not post the new path. If you search on support.emc.com with your powerlink credentials you should get the document.

51 Posts

hi

where can we have this 2 documents ?

regards

51 Posts

thanks a lot for your document

but i have to monitoring my clariion CX4 with snmp scripts

then without this document and the mib, how can i do ?

why does this document isn't for all customers ?   White Paper: Managing EMC CLARiiON with SNMP

no way to upload this document ?

regards

1.4K Posts

White Paper: Managing EMC CLARiiON with SNMP

The above document is an Engineering White Paper, I would request you to log in with your Powerlink account to download the same from support.emc.com

51 Posts

hi

no it doesn't match on support.emc.com,

perhaps emc doesn't let us get this document.

if someone can post this document on this forum , i will appreciate

otherwise i have to script with navicli for have health of my clariion.

regards

4.5K Posts

May 1st, 2013 14:00

Document attached

glen

1 Attachment

January 31st, 2014 10:00

Hi

If you still need the information.

I´m working in the same integration, I got a list of codes and Events based on some test from our R&D team.

@EMC team, can you confirm if  is this the complete list for events? or can you provide, please,  a list of codes and events for the following models:

EMC CX3-10,  EMC CX3-20,  EMC CX3-40,  EMC CX3-80,  EMC CX4-120,  EMC CX4-240,  EMC VNX5100,  EMC VNX5300.

Thanks

Diego

1 Attachment

No Events found!