first time configuring solaris for mpiox . need some help/verification
2 hba , 4 path , configure a test LUN , i can see 4 device path using format command.
- modify fp.conf and change
- i know something needs to modify to scsi_vhci.conf file also . probably something "device-type-scsi-options-list ="
any other changes , any help appreciated.
just an update , rebooted the system after changing the mpxio-disable="no" and the system came up with 2 paths now (4 before)
4. c3t5006016139A01781d0 <drive type unknown>
5. c3t5006016839A01781d0 <drive type unknown>
looks like something is in place , however the drive type is unknow and that needs to be fixed in scsi_vhci.conf file .
problem got solved by running the stmsboot -u command . i can see a master device path and format command shows it as clarrion drive . so all looks good
thanks . its was helpful but it didn't have much on on setting up mpxio . i was managed to do it myself with small configuration changes on fp.conf file , stmsboot command . however still have to look around for few things
- recommended policy - is round-robin ok ?
- seeing some warnings in syslog file - offline or reservation conflict during my testing