Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 12th, 2010 12:00

Solutions Enabler error

When trying to setup a remote connection to the Solutions Enabler Virtual Appliance via the vSphere console i get an error that says " Failed: The Remote Client/Server handshake failed."

When looking at the Storsrvd Logs on the Solution Enabler Virtual Appliance the log shows "Host Name Pattern in Certificae is not Valid"

Anyone know what to do to resolve this?

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 12th, 2010 13:00

Do you have dashes in the name of your VC server ?

23 Posts

July 12th, 2010 13:00

Primus emc242362 should help.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 13th, 2010 05:00

are you using VSI 3.0 (with a patch)?

OK thanks....any thoughts on the new error i posted?

Error(1000021):The connection to the remote STORAPI Server has been aborted.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

this error is on the virtual appliance when you try to discover Clariion ?

Also,

I dont have any of this installed on the VC server,. I am doing it all from the workstation, is that ok or does this need to be installed on the VC server itself?

OK i got that error fixed. Now i am getting a new error.

New Error:

StorArrayShow() failed.  Error(1000021):The connection to the remote STORAPI Server has been aborted.

Any Ideas on this one?

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

it does not have to be, it can be installed on your workstation with VC client. You just need to make sure your workstation can talk to Clariion SPs.

July 13th, 2010 06:00

Yes, they are showing in the Solutions Enabler Virtual Appliance

SolEnabler.jpeg

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

anything interesting in the base/storsrvd logs about the time you are trying to pull up information.

Yes i am using the latest VSI with the patch.

This error shows in the vCenter Client when I try to view the Clarrion

Full message from the log is:Error(1000021):The connection to the remote STORAPI Server has been aborted.

Error Message1.jpeg

Also, if it makes a difference i changed the security of the storsvrd to NONSECURE so the connection would work to bypass the problem with having a dash in the computer name. 

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

did you discover clariion in Virtual appliance first ?

July 13th, 2010 08:00

I finally just uninstalled everything and reinstalled it and now its all communicating fine. Thanks for all the help.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 17th, 2010 10:00

EMC Knowledgebase
spacer
spacer"SYMAPI SECURE error: The remote client/server handshake failed. Please consult symapi and storsrvd log files."
spacer

spacerspacerspacer
ID:emc242362
Usage:2
Date Created:05/27/2010
Last Modified:06/07/2010
Audience:Customer
Knowledgebase Solution

Question:Trying to configure SYMAPI client/server SECURE mode.
Environment:OS: Microsoft Windows 2003
Environment:OS: Microsoft Windows 2008
Environment:OS: Solaris 10
Environment:OS: UNIX
Environment:EMC SW: Solutions Enabler 7.1.1
Problem:Unable to connect to SYMAPI with SECURE.  A certificate error appears.
Problem:SYMAPI SECURE error: The remote client/server handshake failed. Please consult symapi and storsrvd log files.
Problem:Client Symapi.log error:  5568   5952 EMC Corp                  nilClientSecureModeS Host Name  pattern in certificate is not valid: storsrvd server-name.domain.net
Problem:Server Storsrvd.log:  [12417         API_Listener] May-24 18:09:20.615 :  ANR0154E Host Name pattern in certificate is not valid: storsrvd  client-name
Problem:Server Storsrvd.log:  [12417         API_Listener] May-24 18:52:13.757 :  ANR0154E Host Name pattern in certificate is not valid: storsrvd  client-name.domain.com
Root Cause:The hyphen (-) in the hostname is not a valid character.
From the Solutions Enabler 7.1.1 Installation Guide:
ANR0154E

Host Name pattern in certificate is not valid: pattern
Destination: Log.
Description: This message is issued during setup of secure mode between  client/server. It indicates an illegal pattern has been put into the  client certificate.
Operator Action: Generate a new client certificate without the illegal  host name pattern. The only characters allowed for a host name pattern  are letters, numbers, periods (.) or colons (:).

Fix:There is a workaround for this situation. Do this on both the client and the server.

The following procedure will modify the hostname in the SYMAPI  certificate files. This will NOT modify the actual hostname of the  server.
In Windows go to C:\Program Files\EMC\SYMAPI\Config\Cert. In UNIX go to /var/symapi/config/cert.
In UNIX and Linux environments, run the following: /usr/storapi/bin/manage_server_cert.sh create 111.222.333.444     <- IP Address
In  Windows environments, you must specify the full path to the bin  directory along with the command, unless the you have SYMCLI set in the  PATH variable.
\Program Files\EMC\SYMCLI\bin\manage_server_cert.bat create 111.222.333.444     <- IP Address
On the server run the following:
stordaemon shutdown storsrvd
stordaemon shutdown storapid
stordaemon start storsrvd
stordaemon start storapid

On the client run the following:
stordaemon show storsrvd
If storsrvd is running, then run
stordaemon shutdown storsrvd
Else, run.
stordaemon shutdown storapid
stordaemon start storsrvd <- Run this if storsrvd was previously running.
stordaemon start storapid

Notes:SYMAPI client/server NONSECURE works.

spacer

No Events found!