Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 20th, 2010 06:00

Unable to Access Navisphere Setup Page

We recently got Flare 19 installed on our CX400, but now we can't access the setup page in order to set the IP addresses, root password, etc...  When we connect to either SP via serial connection and point a browser to 192.168.1.1 we get the Navisphere splash screen, then it goes to the "start.html" page and we get "Navi Error.  Access Denied".  Any suggestions on what we need to do next to make the CX400 usable?

Walt

131 Posts

October 20th, 2010 07:00

8 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 05:00

We tried the https route already, and no luck.  We get a "Cannot find server" error.  Any other ideas?

4.5K Posts

October 22nd, 2010 08:00

can you try sending to the array:

navicli -h IP_Address_SPA getagent

navicli -h IP_Address_SPB getagent

If it returns to data about Agent that means that the Agent on the SP is running. If you don't get a response, that means that Agent is not running and you will need to reboot the SP. This is only for flare release 19 and lower, the newer flare allows you to restart the Agent when you restart the Management Server from the setup page.

glen

8 Posts

October 22nd, 2010 11:00

Glen,

We have naviseccli and not navicli, so via the serial connection I tried to send the array "naviseccli -h 192.168.1.1 getagent, and the system responds that the management server is not running.  I did a hard reset on the array (power cycled and waited for the vault drives to quiet down) and tried again with the same results.  Any other ideas?

Walt

4.5K Posts

October 22nd, 2010 11:00

Walt,

Try sending the command to the Management Port, not the serial port - not sure what you would get on the serial port - don't have access to one right now.

glen

8 Posts

October 25th, 2010 05:00

Glen,

There are no network settings on the array, there is no management port.  This is an old array that used to have FLARE 2.05 on it that we re-imaged to 2.19 when we were unsuccessful at getting Navisphere to function. Since re-imaging the array, we have been unable to access the network setup pages that are supposed to be accessible via the serial connection to either SP.  Is there an alternative way to load a network configuration onto the array, say via the LAN service port that is enabled when the SP is running off the utility partition?

Walt

4.5K Posts

October 25th, 2010 10:00

There's a lot that you can do in the utility partition, but I don't believe you can set the management ports - you're at a level prior to loading the OS. It's been a long time since I was in that.

Are you sure you got the right image - for CX400? Once the array boots, you should be able to access Navisphere or the setup page from the serial port.

glen

8 Posts

October 25th, 2010 11:00

Glen,

We re-imaged the array with the file FLARE-02.19.400.5.007.mif.  I assume that would have all we need to be able to bring up the network configuration screen via the null-modem serial interface.  Every time we have tried to access the setup page (http://192.168.1.1/setup) we get a "connection was reset" error.  If we just try to access 192.168.1.1 with no page specified, we get the Navisphere splash screen, then it goes to the /start.html page and we get "Navi Error.  Access Denied" .  Right now we have the CX400 sitting on the bench without the SPS or DAEs connected to it, would that make a difference in how it responds?

Walt

4.5K Posts

October 25th, 2010 12:00

The flare package is the correct one.

As long as you have the vault drives, you do not need other DAE's. With the SPS disconnected, write cache will be disabled, but not sure if it would cause what you're seeing - try reconnecting the SPS and cables and see what happens.

glen

59 Posts

October 25th, 2010 17:00

Walt, there were some issues with management server enabler not actually being in the flare bundle.

To check run navicli -h ndu -list and check for the management server package and the enabler.

If it is there, try to use off array to see if this works, as it uses a seperate management server.

Jim

13 Posts

January 20th, 2014 04:00

Walt,

Can you please email me directly? I am curious about how you resolved this issue (if Jim_A suggestion of management server enabler helped..?).

Also, I have some documented procedures that may help you reload the Flare.. Perhaps we can help each other out.

Kind regards,

jason@albedo.us

No Events found!