Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 14th, 2017 03:00

VNX5400 - HAVT Issue and Status Faulted

Hello

We have the following setup:

VNX5400 connected to ESXi 6.0 U3 hosts (SW-iSCSI)

Management of ESXi/vCenter and VNX5400 are not in the same subnet, neither routed => no connectivity.

ESXi-host initiators are listed as soon as the needed configuration in vSphere is done - 2 initiators (vmk) in separate subnets, no port binding - paths are seen

I did a manual registration via naviseccli:

./naviseccli -h  -user -password -scope global storagegroup -setpath -gname   -host -hbauid -sp a -spport 8 -ip -failovermode 4 -o

Host is registering, datastores are visible on the host and from host-perspective everything looks fine. Initiator status is green.

BUT: I see in Host list -> Connection Status is HAVT and Status is Faulted. I have already restarted the VNX Management Server.

I do not find any hint about the Faulted status.

Unfortunately, I cannot raise a Service Request as I am not the owner, but just helping and the remote site does not seem to have a support agreement..

Thanks

Uschi

3 Posts

August 23rd, 2017 00:00

Hello Glen

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I was aware of this, but my concern was mainly the Status Faulted.

I contacted DELL/EMC in the meanwhile and they checked host logs and SP-collects. They as well confirmed that it is nothing to worry about. Everything looked fine to them as well.

Cheers

Uschi

4.5K Posts

August 22nd, 2017 11:00

When you use iSCSI to connect a host to an array, there is only one device description of the host NIC's - the IQN name - as the IQN name is the same for all host NIC's, the array see this is a "single" device and for HAVT you need two devices on the host for redundancy.  You can ignore the warning. This is only for iSCSI and there is no fix when using NIC's. If you used a iSCSI HBA, then the HBA utility allows you to change the IQN name for each port - but that's more trouble (and expense) then it's worth.

glen

4.5K Posts

August 23rd, 2017 07:00

Would you mind marking your post as Answered - that way someone else searching for this particular topic will find yours.

thanks

glen

No Events found!