Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 13th, 2012 02:00

clarrion CX4-120 SPS hangs frequently

Hi ,

We have Clariion CX4-120 with single SPS installed... But we are facing a problem frequently these days// SPS hangs and after resetting the sense cable it again comes online...

have any idea ??

Rgds,

Jaideep

433 Posts

September 13th, 2012 03:00

Do you have a spare sense cable. You can try initially by replacing the sense cable and then we can discuss further.

Thanks

812 Posts

September 13th, 2012 03:00

How do you concluded the SPS is hung ?

1.4K Posts

September 13th, 2012 08:00

I am repeating Vipin's question here, How do you conclude SPS is hung?! :S

433 Posts

Jaideep Wrote:

But we are facing a problem frequently these days// SPS hangs and after resetting the sense cable it again comes online...

My opinion is the SPS should not be in a hung state as he clearly said freequently happens and then comes back online. A secondary cable is installed at an angle due to the cable height and the spacing the pins might be affected hence triggering a issue with the sense cable part indirectly affecting the sps to go in states like offline and the online in sometime.

25 Posts

Hi Guys,

I already told that we need to reset the sense cables.. its not like that SPS itself come online.... Sense cable and SPS is replaced already....

Will like to mention again....only SPS A installed....

433 Posts

September 13th, 2012 09:00

jaideep@wipro wrote:

Sense cable and SPS is replaced already....

Was EMC support involved/suggested the replacement? If yes

Did a CE came onsite to do the same activity or was it done by the customer itself?

Thanks

812 Posts

September 13th, 2012 22:00

Hi Jaideep,

Are you getting any SPS related alerts in Unisphere/Navisphere ?

224 Posts

September 14th, 2012 05:00

SPS Hangs??

Wierd, I hope it's not during the battery testing.

Anyways, if you are sure that reseatinf the sense cable fixes it, then Y dont you get the cables replaced, and even if the problem is with the cable it doesn't mean that the SPS is faulted or not working as it is supposed to.

Regards,

Sheron Godfred.

4.5K Posts

September 19th, 2012 13:00

Threre is one other possibility, that the interface on the SP might be bad or the socket is bad. Try replacing the cable first, if that doesn't fix it, then it might be the SP.

glen

No Events found!