Highlighted
Max_Williamson
1 Nickel

cx300 -never registered with EMC but works fine. Need drivers

Jump to solution

Any advice please.

CX300 -purchased through dell

We have had a cx300 attched to our DB server for several years.

The server has now been upgraded and the cx300 has been demoted to beign attached to a fileserver

We were going to take the opportunity to give it a clean with new FW and new drivers on the new server it is attaching to.

However when getting the fw/drivers DELL say go to EMC, and EMC appear to only offer downloads if the product is registered, and there does not seem a mechanism to register it.

Thinking about it I don't know why it is assumed it was not registered, but that is the opinion of those that were dealign with it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RRR
5 Tungsten

Re: cx300 -never registered with EMC but works fine. Need drivers

Jump to solution

Since you bought it from Dell it's maintained by Dell. At the end of a contract you could try to prolongue the contract. Or you can try to get is registered at EMC, since they officially don't know the machine (it's a Dell, remember?). In order to get it registered, EMC needs to know what they are getting themselves into. So the mechanism is there all right, but you should contact an EMC reseller (or EMC itself) to get the process started. But it will cost you "some" money!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RRR
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Since you bought it from Dell it's maintained by Dell. At the end of a contract you could try to prolongue the contract. Or you can try to get is registered at EMC, since they officially don't know the machine (it's a Dell, remember?). In order to get it registered, EMC needs to know what they are getting themselves into. So the mechanism is there all right, but you should contact an EMC reseller (or EMC itself) to get the process started. But it will cost you "some" money!!!

0 Kudos
Sheron1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I liked that "some" money statement.

And adding to RRR's post, I dont think there is no other way of getting the drivers legally.

Regards,

Sheron Godfred.

0 Kudos
Max_Williamson
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I liked that "some" money statement.

I didn't.

Hate this support mechanim, However it's the way it is.

No point spending money on it.

0 Kudos
Sheron1
2 Iron

Jump to solution

John Lennon's "IMAGINE"

Nothing else comes to ma mind.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

Jump to solution

agree, it's end of service life on June 30, 2013, relegate that box to your lab and use 3rd party resellers for parts.

0 Kudos