Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 24th, 2010 09:00

generate report from nar file

I log in navisphere manager .

then I log navisphere analyzer .

I have nar file then I can copy it out .

file.nar on my note book I heard we can take this file and generate report or some document.

but I don't know . What can we do the report from this file .

542 Posts

August 24th, 2010 10:00

As far as i know, the .nar file can only be read from either the Navisphere manager when you log into the array thru your web browser or if you have the Managment UI loaded on your desktop.

I have not read of any other program that will open a .nar file and allow you to get reports from it.

Once you have opened it inside Navisphere, you can print out charts or copy the charts to the clipboard and paste them into your own document.

542 Posts

August 24th, 2010 11:00

Thanks for the info.   that is good to know:)

261 Posts

In Navisphere you can use the Archive Dump wizard to create xls reports of the data. In Navisphere hit Tools, Analyzer, Archive, then dump. You need to have that .nar handy to do the report. Once in there you can choose what to send to the xls sheet and in what format. See help for all of the options.

-Ryan

261 Posts

Also, the reports you can create in Navisphere can be done via Navicli. This allows you to script the dump if you wish.

-Ryan

261 Posts

August 24th, 2010 12:00

Yea Glen, I think your right. I just open the data in excel each time so I was thinking xls.

-Ryan

4.5K Posts

August 24th, 2010 12:00

I believe it saves the data to a CSV file.

glen

No Events found!