Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2012 11:00

how to find out which disks on which dae/bus i can create a new storage pool

how do I create a new storage pool with what available disks on what dae I have available?

I need to create a new storage pool

433 Posts

May 25th, 2012 02:00

Unisphere- is a software which is being used from flare 30 onwards. For using Unisphere one array in your domain should be at flare 30. Then unsiphere can also be used to manage the other arrays running below 30.

The white papers for the same can be downloaded from :

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Software ~ T-Z ~ Documentation > Unisphere > White Papers

From Flare 30 onwards its free but will depend on your contract if you are upgrading.

For creating pools on the arrays, as Glen said...refer navisphere help. Its the best place for such guidance.

433 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 01:00

You have not provided us much info to answer your question.

What is the Model of the array?

what is the flare on the array.

If its a CX4 is Vitual provisioning installed on the same.

Please get back to us with the above info so that we can assist you further.

Leaving the 1st 5 drives that is vault drives you can use any number of drives from the array to create a storage pool. If FAST VP is enabled then even the different types of drives can be done in a pool.

4.5K Posts

May 23rd, 2012 07:00

The method would be different if you're using Navisphere or Unisphere, but generally, you go to the place where the Storage Pools are located and find the Create select and then decide what type of storage pool you want to create (raid group or Pool) and select the raid type and then the disks.

It would help when you ask a question to provide the array model and what interface you're using - Navisphere or Unisphere, what version of flare on the array.

Also, click the Help button and do a search for creating storage pool - Help is very good for these types of questions.

glen

470 Posts

May 25th, 2012 00:00

the model is a cx4-960

flare: 04.29.000.5.019

I am not using virtual provisioning

software packages installed

NAvisphere Analyzer

NAvisphere Manager

Accesslogix

470 Posts

May 25th, 2012 00:00

what is unisphere? is it another way to manager the cx? Is it free? or included with the cx4?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

May 25th, 2012 11:00

tdubb,

you have a bunch of open threads, please take the time to close them and assign correct/helpful marks to all the nice people who help you.

Thanks

No Events found!