Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 14th, 2007 05:00

how to upgrade from departmental license to enterprise license in cx3-20

Currently I have CX3-20 and has departmental license wherein i had connected 7 hosts when trying to connect the 8 host it fails. We had purchased enterprise license in able to connect more hosts. What is the procedure to update the license?

Thanks,
Apo

3 Posts

November 19th, 2007 08:00

That is what I thought needed to be done. However the tech support kept telling me to enter my new license in and analyzer would become active automatically. I have the analyzer cd with the enabler. Thanks for your help

70 Posts

November 14th, 2007 11:00

No procedure is necessary on the CX3-20 to upgrade to your new license. Purchasing the Enterprise license gives you the right to attach 8 or more hosts up to the limit supported by the array and get support for your configuration.
The failure to connect the 8th host is unrelated to the license.

3 Posts

November 19th, 2007 06:00

What about on a CX-500. We upgraded from departmental to enterprise so that we could use analyzer and I was told to put the enterprise license in and analyzer would become available. However I have not found a way or place to enter a license key.

215 Posts

Do you really mean Navisphere or do you mean Powerpath?
If you have a host with two HBAs but not Powerpath license you'll have the problem that only one hba will register correctly to the storage system.

best regards
Manfred

215 Posts

What you have to do is to install the Enabler for Navisphere Analyzer.
If you have purchased the Navisphere Enterprise License EMC or your service partner have to install the Enabler for Navisphere Analyzer (as part of a running support contract).

best regards
Manfred

2 Posts

November 19th, 2007 21:00

Thanks a lot, the enterprise package comes with navisphere analyzer enabler and has been installed. Now the enterprise package has a serial number that has to be submitted to software license for support.
No Events found!