Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

April 4th, 2011 05:00

iSCSI Alerts in Navisphere on CX arrays. (help!)

I'm new to this customer but they are running older CX-3s and newer CX-4 arrays and managing them using Navisphere.  They are not, to my knowledge, using any iSCSI configurations.  All of them use internal FC connections and I do not believe they are using Celerra at all.

Navisphere is showing yellow alerts in Navisphere saying that they need to attach IPs for the iSCSI connections but they aren't using iSCSI at all.  My question is: "How can we shut off iSCSI configurations on the CXs without interfering with the arrays?"

In other words, the only way to resolve the problem is to shut off iSCSI so the alerts can be dismissed (as dismissing the alerts without addressing them is impossible).

I was trying to find the documentation that told me how to do this but cannot.  My experience centers around the DMX and no CX arrays but I do understand the basics of them.

Thanks!

5.7K Posts

April 5th, 2011 03:00

If you enter an ip address, the nagging stops, so find an unused ip address, define it as the iscsi ip addresses to be used and there you go.

106 Posts

April 5th, 2011 04:00

Is that the only option?  Isn't there an option to turn off iSCSI (such as flags) so that we don't have to create a bunch of faux paus IP address that are never used?

No Events found!