Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2010 06:00

installing and configuring SCOM with Navisphsere/Unisphere

Hi there,

Hope you'll be able to help,

would anyone would have a documentation on how to intall and configure SCOM for Navisphere/Unisphere ?and where in powerlink I can download the scom adapter

Many thanks for your support.

19 Posts

December 2nd, 2010 04:00

Hi damo5235, I'm also looking forward to find the SCOM packs but I didn't find it yet.

The only thing I found is the Powerpath pack for SCOM. You can find this under : Support/Software Downloads and Licencing/Downloads P-R/Powerpath for Windows.

Regards.

Jacky

19 Posts

August 22nd, 2011 04:00

Thank you so much felipon. It helps, for sure. I found the pack and the RN. However, ther eis no clear mention of the support with previous Clariions CX4. Would you know if I can use this with a previous normal Clariion CX4, for example ?

Thanks again.

Regards.

Jacky

96 Posts

I have read the RN and nowhere in the document says nothing about the supported arrays but I expect it to work, since the Alerts of a VNX Block and CX4 are mainly the same ones, but I haven't been able to confirm it.  Unfortunately, there is not much documentation about it.

On the other hand, if you follow the installation procedure, for VNX Block, the alerts are inserted in the Management console using a Navisphere Global Template (which is exactly the same for CX4 and VNX), so I think that it will work.

Maybe somebody that has already done it could confirm this point.

19 Posts

OK, thanks very much felipon. I think it should work.

Jacky

96 Posts

August 29th, 2011 01:00

Hi again,

I am posting just to confirm that we've been able to install and config, with success, VNX System management for SCOM in order to report CLARiiON CX4 with Flare 28 alerts.

19 Posts

August 29th, 2011 03:00

Hi felipon, thank you so much for reporting this update.

This will for sure help.

I asked this initially because I wanted to try the new SCOM agent. With the old one, the agent installed on all guests, which was unwanted. The customer asked me if it was "sealed" or not, because he wanted to do some "override", but this was not possible.

I used the  following package :

CLARiiON Integration Pack 2.4.0.1 for Windows SCOM (December 17, 2009)

I will try the new one to see if something has changed with this regard.

Thanks again felipon.

Regards.

Jacky

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 11th, 2013 08:00

Here is the latest SCOM Management Packs for EMC platforms (VMAX series and VNX series)

https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-13891

I hope this helps.

No Events found!