Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2011 06:00

is Fedora sopported by POWERPATH? if not, any multipath solution via iSCSI or FC?

Hello

Fedora is growing its use.
does any one had configure FEDORA 10 o any version with an EMC2 storage volumen,
or configuring the multipath option, with POWERPATH?,  if not, is there any way to use MPIO, with iscsi, and fc

if i use PP and its supported,
what version of PP do i have to use?
is Fedora  in the interoperability matrix?

a new customer wants an EMC2 storage solution but is using some FEDORA workstations that he wants to
integrate with it, any idea or solution or recomendations to do this?

i found this link for Fedora 11

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/AnacondaStorageUI

does any one had been tested this?

MC.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 20th, 2011 10:00

look into using native dm-mpio , see chapter 8

EMC Host Connectivity Guide for Linux  -- A25

474 Posts

June 20th, 2011 09:00

Neither Fedora or CentOS is listed in eLab as supported with EMC storage or PowerPath. That does not mean it will not work, just the EMC does not support it. I haven’t dealt with Fedora, but in some cases you may be able to RPQ support for CentOS with PowerPath, but you’ll need to submit the RPQ to be sure.

SUSE, RedHat, Oracle Linux are all supported.

Richard J Anderson

295 Posts

June 21st, 2011 08:00

Thanks Dynamox

what a complete guide, published on june 2011,

really its a nice tool to begin with.

thanks for share this.

mc

295 Posts

June 21st, 2011 08:00

Thanks Richard

"you may be able to RPQ support for CentOS with PowerPath"

What does it means RPQ, can you explain easy for me"

Mc.

474 Posts

June 21st, 2011 09:00

RPQ stands for Request for Pre-Qualification I believe. Your EMC sales team can submit an RPQ request, essentially asking EMC to support something that is not normally supported. If it is approved, then it applies only to that customer. With an approved RPQ, you will get some configuration information such as which version of PowerPath is supported with the particular OS you are requesting. Also, if the customer calls in for support for PowerPath on CentOS without an RPQ, EMC Support may not help at all. With an RPQ, EMC support will generally provide best effort support.

Richard J Anderson

No Events found!