Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 07:00

problem with remove lun from reserved luns

Hi, i have problem with remove lun from reserved luns. Buttons ADD LUN and REMOVE LUN is inactiv, when i right click on reserved luns and click configure. The customer had two solid old cx3-10, then the organization split into two companies. And the second gave the organization a single array. And moved to another country. Now I need to completely remove all of the moon, and to create new ones, and I was faced with such a problem. I used to do so when there were two arrays. Now I can not even remove Mirrorviev through USM.1pic.jpg2pic.jpg3pic.jpg

i try this

C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI>NaviSECCli.exe -User admin -Password admin -

Scope 0 -h 10.0.1.248 unbind 5

Error: unbind command failed

Being used by a feature of the storage system. Cannot unbind LUN: 5

C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI>NaviSECCli.exe -User admin -Password admin -

Scope 0 -h 10.0.1.248 reserved -lunpool -list

Name of the SP:  GLOBAL

Total Number of LUNs in Pool:  1

Number of Unallocated LUNs in Pool:  0

Unallocated LUNs:

Total size in GB:  11.999695

Unallocated size in GB:  0

Used LUN Pool in GB:  0

% Used of LUN Pool:  0

Chunk size in disk blocks:  128

Allocated Lun Pool:

Target LUN:  1

Allocated LUNs:  5

Lun Pool LUN % Used:  0

C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI>NaviSECCli.exe -User admin -Password admin -Scope 0 -h 10.0.1.248 reserved -lunpool -rmlun 5 -o

Error: reserved command failed

LU cannot be removed because it is currently allocated.

C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI>naviseccli -h 10.0.1.248 -user admin -password admin -scope 0 getlun -messner 5 -stack

Listed Driver:             K10SnapCopyAdmin

C:\Program Files\EMC\Navisphere CLI>naviseccli -h 10.0.1.248 -user admin -password admin -scope 0 mirror -Async -setfeature -off -lun 5

Async mirror: setfeature command failed

Cannot perform setfeature command on a Private LUN

August 3rd, 2013 14:00

If you are trying to delete the Reserved LUNs, you won't be able to do so if they are allocated.  In this case, they are allocated to active mirrors (specifically underlying SnapView sessions).

If you want to delete the Reserved LUNs you will have to first delete the mirrors.  In general, Navi/Unisphere requires that you deconstruct hierarchies in the exact opposite order that you created them (or the user makes conscious efforts to override these protections).  While it may seem like an inconvenience, it actually is there to protect the user.

Can I ask why you are looking to delete the reserved LUNs?  Possibly trying to recreate but in a different pool or maybe expand or recreate smaller?  Keep in mind you if you then delete then recreate the mirrors, you will have to perform another initial synchronization.

The following post is a good reference:

https://community.emc.com/thread/178538

August 4th, 2013 00:00

Thank you for your answer, do not need to create a mirror, you need to delete all and just bind LUNS, I'm going to read your link, I hope it will help me.

August 4th, 2013 05:00

One more question, it turns out I can not do anything without a second array? the fact is that there are no mirrors, and there is no access because these arrays are in different companies. I would have to contact support EYC it would quickly solved my problem but these arrays support has long expired, and the customer does not want to renew.

4.5K Posts

August 5th, 2013 14:00

You need to destroy the Mirrors using Navisphere first, then you can remove the LUN from the Reserve LUN Pool. See the attached document.

glen

1 Attachment

No Events found!