Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 2nd, 2011 07:00

Are there any EMC Tools available that will verify corruption on Celerra File Systems?

Backups started failing on one of our Celerra File Systems (4 - 5 Days).  Backups were running successfully.  So our backup team started pointing fingers at the Celerra File System.  So we decided to backup our Replicated File System and it failed as well.  So as you can imagine, my back is to the wall.  I'm requesting that they break the job down to see if they can pinpoint a specific folder.  They want me to find the spot well it's a 2TB File System.  I'm probably going to open a support case.

I was just wondering if EMC Support has any tools available that will run checks on Production File Systems?

Thanks,

Damian

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2011 08:00

you can run fsck but we had an issue that required "full" fsck (whatever that means) and they actually had to take file system offline.

from the man pages:

If FSCK is started on a mounted file system, the file system will be

unavailable for the duration of the FSCK. NFS clients will see an NFS server

not responding message and CIFS clients will lose connectivity with the

server and will have to remap shares.

• 

284 Posts

You do have another option.  If you are on at least 5.6 code, you can take a writable checkpoint and run FSCK against it.  This allows the filesystem to remain online; however, FSCK doesn't actually make corrections to the filesystem.  If it does find errors, you will still need to take the production filesystem offline and fix it as dynamox alluded to.  You can at least check the filesystem in that way.

790 Posts

Your question has been moved to the Celerra support forum where it has a better chance of being seen.

No Events found!