Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

November 11th, 2013 03:00

CEPA and cepp.conf: VDM or Physical.

Hello,

I need to create a cepp.conf file and configure CEPA on my VNX Celerra.

I'm ok with the cepp.conf file; the 3rd party (Varonis) have provided an example.

What I'm a little unsure of, is where to copy the file to and where to start the service.

1) All my CIFS servers reside on VDMs.

2) Each VDM is replicated via Rep V2 to a remote VNX

3) Some CIFS servers do not need events capturing, but reside on the same mover of a CIFS server that does. (eg. three VDMs on server_3, only one needs monitoring)

I guess the crux of the question is, is this service/config file per VDM or per mover?

I don't have much of a problem with it capturing events for filesystems that I don't want to monitor. But on this point, could I get around this by specifiying cifsserver= in the cepp.conf file and just listing the one(s) that I want?

And finally, assuming this should be copied to the physical mover and the service started on that, then I would assume that I would have to also copy and start the service on the replicated (RO) DR Celerra mover too? (And not have to do this if the answer is to copy and start on each individual VDM?)

If you're still reading; on a separate note, has anyone noticed much performance degredation of the FS when using CEPA for event notification? I can understand that CAVA could add considerabe overhead, but can't find much on CEPA... I will of course be specifing an ft level = of 0 or 1.

Many thanks for reading.

Let me know if not clear, or more information is required.

Richard

March 21st, 2014 09:00

Hi,

Could you please refer to the below mentioned document:

https://support.emc.com/docu10569_Using-Celerra-Event-Publishing-Agent.pdf?language=en_US

Thanks

Jyothi

No Events found!