Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

December 16th, 2011 15:00

Can I turn off filesystem size threshold warnings?

I have a filesystem that will always hover about 92% but it will never be filled.  It's because it contains a rotation of compressed system logfiles and the system that has this filesystem mounted automatically cleans up old logs.  It just so happens that full on logs for the duration of the time we need fills up the filesystem around 92%.

Again it will never be fill (think of a system that maintains 2 weeks of logs, auto purging the oldest logs when the newest ones are written.).  Every day in the current alerts section in Unisphere there's a warning message for filesystem size threshold (90%) crossed.

Full Description : The amount of space used in the file system has reached its maximum threshold. The file system usage threshold is 90 percent, by default. File system performance may degrade when a file system is almost full.
Recommended Action : Extend the file system to increase its available space, reducing the percentage of used space.

We are not going to extend the file system because it will never need to be any bigger.  The size it is is as big as it will ever get, so why waste space on the disk pool if it's NEVER going to be used.

My question is can I shut off these warnings somehow?  I hate this "boy who cried wolf" scenereo when these alerts become so common that in the event of an actual issue, it's ignored.

Thanks for your help!

8.6K Posts

December 16th, 2011 18:00

See the Events and Notifications manual

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 27th, 2011 17:00

Here it is

1 Attachment

16 Posts

December 27th, 2011 17:00

For the life of me I cannot find that manual and I'm running into more customers who want to fully provision their storage pools (essentially treating them like traditional raid groups and allocating all the storage). Any chance you could post the link to this document? Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 27th, 2011 18:00

Script something with navissecli -prcntFull

16 Posts

December 27th, 2011 18:00

Thanks! And I realized after I wrote my reply that I was referring to the Clariion's threshold warning while this thread was referring to the Celerra filesystem warning. Sorry for the mix up. No less relevant a link to the document, though, since I was also wondering about the issue the original poster was referring to. Also, fwiw, my question - about the block storage pool's threshold - is answered with a "No, you cannot disable this threshold warning on the block storage pools (84% is the maximum threshold that can be set). It's a feature enhancement that has been requested, but it's not available today.Cheers

10 Posts

February 3rd, 2017 09:00

Possibly not. One option you can do, it is to delete the general one for all file systems, create individual usage alert for each file system with different threshold. But be careful when you create a new file system, you may also need to manually create usage alert since you don't have a general one.

No Events found!