Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

November 30th, 2011 07:00

Cannot create replication (max_size must be greater than filesystem size)

I am getting this error when creating a new file system replication.  "destination fs create state failed with error: 13421841492: max_size must be greater than filesystem size."

The weird thing is that there is no max_size specified when i do a nas_fs -info -size command on this file system.  Auto_ext is off and virtual_provision is off as well.  I had no issues replicating 2 other file systems so this is my only issue as of this moment.  The source system is running NAS 5.6.49-3 and the destination is running on 6.0.43-1.

1 Rookie

• 

358 Posts

November 30th, 2011 08:00

I could try that I guess.   Support ticket opened and they see that there is a command hung on the datamover since May 27th (!!) and it is not responding to a graceful abort.  The suggestion is to do an internal removal of this task followed by a datamover reboot.  When we reboot the datamover there is a hiccup that occurs during the transition to the standby datamover.  This affects many virtual servers and will have to be scheduled after hours.  However I can give your idea a shot.

8.6K Posts

November 30th, 2011 08:00

Why not create the destination fs manually ?

No Events found!