Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 6th, 2009 09:00

Celerra VSA on ESX: iSCSI targets are not accessible

Hello,

I am trying to get a SRM simulation running with the Celerra VSA and ESXi. All VMs are running on an ESX server. I have a problem with the connection to the iSCSI targets on the Celerra.

The VSA is configured as described on the SRM + Celerra VSA documentation of Bernie Baker (virtualgeek) with the configuration of VSA, added iSCSI LUN + target, configured target access.
The ESXi 4 and the Celerra VSA are connected with an vSwitch on the ESX. The NIC of the ESXi server is connected to a vkernel switch, but I cannot connect from the ESXi host to the target on the Celerra. The same problem occurs while connecting a W2K8 server with iSCSI setup to the Celerra. (eventlogs of the Windows server say that there are problems with sending the target, initiator could not send a iSCSI PDU).

I can ping each VM. The tool portqry says that the Celerra is listening on port 3260. Target is available with a LUN of 10GB. (from several cli-commands with server_iscsi)

Does someone know how I can solve the problem or can give me some help while troubleshooting this issue?

Thanks for helping me. This thing makes me crazy.

Message was edited by:
dakine

4 Posts

December 1st, 2009 09:00

Hi,

I still have the problem that my esx host cannot discover the created iscsi target. I reinstalled everything as described on the howto document.

server_ping and ping is working, iscsi service on the vsa is running, port 3260 is open and the virtual cx is listening on this port. Has someone sucessfully configured this vsa with an iscsi target?

Someone at the virtualgeek blog has described the same problem, but no solution was posted. (it was in dec 2008)

Can someone give me some help?

Cheers,

Chris

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 1st, 2009 17:00

is ESXi a VM itself running on top of ESX ?

4 Posts

December 1st, 2009 23:00

Yes, ESXi is a VM and is running on top on a ESX 4 host. Celerra and ESXi are connected by a vswitch on the ESX.

Any suggestions?

674 Posts

December 1st, 2009 23:00

added iSCSI LUN + target, configured target access

You wrote you created a iSCSI target and Lun, what about the iSCSI Lun mask?

Did you create a masking for your W2K8 and/or ESXi Servers initiator?

4 Posts

December 2nd, 2009 00:00

On the Celerra I added the ESX host initiator and the Windows VM initiator at the LUN Masking to allow the access to my created LUN (with LUN ID 20).
No Events found!