nigelc1
1 Copper

Checkpoint deletion

I originally set up some checkpoints. It was then decided that they where not required as this is a DR unit.  I stopped and removed the schedules but I have noticed that the checkpoints are still there and I have now run out of drive space for the replications and one of them is now failing to complete.  Thanks in advance.  Nigel

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
SAMEERK1
2 Iron

Re: Checkpoint deletion

hi,

Deleting Ckpt schedules will not delete the ckpts for the file system. you need to delete them manually if you would like to remove them.

any errors reported from server_log for the failed replication session   

Sameer Kulkarni

0 Kudos
nigelc1
1 Copper

The only alert I'm getting is "Automatic extesion of the file system failed because it has no space to extend."

Event code : 0x13601b006c

Could you point me in the direction of some instructions on how to manually remove the unwanted checkpoints please.

Thanks

Nigel

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

nas_fs -delete <checkpointname> -o umount=yes

0 Kudos
nigelc1
1 Copper

I assume this is from a putty session.

Do I just use that command at the from the interface when i login?

The thing is, I can't see the checkpoints in the GUI on the Replicas/Checkpoints page. I only know they're there when I look at the properties of the storage pools.

Nigel

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

yes, from putty you can list all checkpoints currently mounted on server_2

server_mount server_2 | grep ckpt

0 Kudos
nigelc1
1 Copper

Almost there!

I login as nasadmin - can list the checkpoints. Attempt to run the delete command  - requires root command.

Type "su" to change to super user, re-run command - requires root command

open new session, login as root, re-run command - command not found

?????

Nigel

0 Kudos
Peter_EMC
3 Silver

if deleting a checkpoint requires root command, whats the name of the checkpoint?

Sure if this is not an IP replication checkpoint? If yes, is the replication session still running? ...

Then you would have to stop and delete it and the root_repl checkpoints are gone.

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Gallium

i am assuming you are not trying to delete replication checkpoints but regular checkpoints to free up space (which will be available to replication checkpoints)

0 Kudos
nigelc1
1 Copper

The file system is a replication from another unit, and this checkpoint is of this replication.

So, first stop the replication from the source side or do I delete the replication? And will that also remove the checkpoint as it gives me the option to delete both source and destination? Or will I have to manually delete the checkpoint myself?

Nigel

0 Kudos