Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2013 11:00

Cifs server cannot resolve SID's?

Hi,

I am replicating a CIFS file system between a celerra and vnxe using replicator. The vnxe does not support vdm's so I had to create a new CIFS server on the vnxe and use lgdup & sharedup to copy local groups, shares and acls - basically the source_celerra CIFS config. Both CIFS servers are connected to the same AD domain.

After executing lgdup - "lgdup.exe -v -l lgdup.log \\source_celerra \\target_vnxe" and sharedup - "sharedup.exe \\source_celerra \\target_vnxe ALL /SD /R" I decided to check some of the share permissions on the target. When I select the target CIFS server and view security permissions I see SID's that cannot be resolved to a user or group i.e. S-1-5-21-819283928...The source celerra does not have any local users only domain users.

So from a replication perspective, if replicator is handing data and NTFS permissions, and sharedup is handing shares and acls, I should not see SID’s that cannot be resolved to a user or group, correct?  Again, both CIFS servers belong to the same domain and no local users are being used.

Thanks!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 31st, 2013 04:00

target is VNXe

467 Posts

January 31st, 2013 05:00

Does the VNXe not support usermapper?

dynamox wrote:

target is VNXe

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 31st, 2013 05:00

it has to, i don't believe it's the same implementaiton as it is on Celerra/VNX. Server_x commands do not work on VNXe

13 Posts

January 31st, 2013 11:00

Okay some progress…

I setup two vnx simulators and was able to use the emcopy /lg –flag to “translate” the local groups from the dst CIFS server. I suspect the problem in prod had something to do with the way that I used lgdup to copy over the local groups.  I should be able to resolve this issue now that I see how things work.

Thx

No Events found!