Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2017 00:00

Failed to access Cifs Shares

Hey there guys, I really need your help to solve some troublesome situation one of our newbies got us into.

The guys created a new LUNin our Celerra system, in the purpose of expanding our main CIFS LUN.

After the creation of the new LUN, the guy then right clicked the old LUN and pressed expand, choosing the new created LUN for expanding the old and main one.

Right after the expansion, the new created LUN disappeard, and the old LUN expanded.

after the expansion we lost access to the main LUN. we see them when we access the "\\cifsservershare"

but we cannot access them.

I know this is obviously not the right way to expand and resize a LUN, but the mistake was made and Im hoping to regain access to the shares without losing Data.

Thanks in advance, Amihay.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

August 9th, 2017 02:00

sounds like he essentially created a meta ? I would get with support as soon as possible and verify you get good backups of that data.

8.6K Posts

August 9th, 2017 03:00

You must be running quite an old version - we have long ago put in code to block expansion of file LUNs

You need to work with support to manually get your LUN back to the original size

not much you can do alone there - except restore from tape

2 Posts

August 9th, 2017 03:00

Im doing my best to get the support to help me.

in the meantime, I want to try and fix it myself.

another useful information might be, that after I use the command "server_mount" I see that all of the shares are "unmounted".

help me guys to fix it please

8.6K Posts

August 9th, 2017 09:00

in this situation trying to fix it yourself is likely to only make it worse

support has the best chances to fix it if nothing else has been changed after your mistake

No Events found!