Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 16th, 2009 14:00

How do I specify NTP Servers for a data mover?

My primary data mover has a box where I can specify NTP servers; however, my standby data mover does not have this box. Can you only specify NTP servers on a primay data mover?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

in case of failover, standby datamover takes over primary datamover's identity so all settings will failover to standby datamover.

1.5K Posts

That's right - you specify the NTP server only for the active data movers, the standby data mover will get all the configuration from the data mover for which it become active at the time of transition.

If you consider the process of data mover failover - you can see that logical data mover name remains the same - only physical slot becomes active or standby. For example - in normal condition server_2 is the logical data mover name running on physical slot_2 and server_3 runs on slot_3. Server_3 is configured as standby for server_2. When slot 2 fails, the server on slot_3 gets renamed as server_2 - there by keeping all the configuration, file systems, mounts, shares, exports, sessions etc for server_2 but now running on slot_3. The server name on slot 2 is renamed as server_2.faulted.server_3 to keep it identified that slot 2 is the original data mover for server_2 which is now failed over to slot_3.

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Sandip
No Events found!