Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 27th, 2011 04:00

How to connect NAS Quota with Microsoft FSRM?

We are planning to integrade NAS Quota with Microsoft FSRM, to make use of the advantage of monitoring, alerting and reporting facility.

When we mount the UNC path of the CIFS share, i get an error "The Quota path is either invalid or does not exists"

Please help.

275 Posts

March 1st, 2011 23:00

You could use "file filtering" in order to prevent given file extensions from being copied to a share. There is a documentation on the subject

Claude

8.6K Posts

February 28th, 2011 07:00

try mapping the drive to a drive letter first as described in Appendix A of the Using Quotas manual

Rainer

65 Posts

March 1st, 2011 02:00

Dear Rainer EMC,

Thanks for your input on this. BTW, the document doesn't say anything about connecting with Microsoft FSRM.

March 1st, 2011 08:00

As far as I'm aware the Celerra doesn't support FSRM only the older style RPC based quota interaction from Windows.

We're having to use the XML API to manage quotas as the Celerra GUI can't cope with the number of quota entries we have per volume.

Command line tools on the control station work ok though.

8.6K Posts

March 1st, 2011 10:00

Hi,

while it doesnt talk about FSRM it does say how to use the Microsoft Quota Editor.

Maybe the same way works with FSRM.

What you wont get in any case is to use FSRM for treequota’s – they are different from the new Microsoft directory quotas

Rainer

65 Posts

March 1st, 2011 23:00

Ok, one of the main reason why i wanted to use FSRM is to filter unnecessary extenssions such as (.exe, .bat, .mp3, .mov etc..,) being copied in the CIFS share. If i can achieve this option with NAS, i can stick to NAS itself without complicating with other 3rd party products.

8.6K Posts

March 3rd, 2011 06:00

Celerra can do file filtering natively – take a look at the CIFS manuals

No Events found!