Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2010 06:00

How to display inodes for a Tree quota

What is the best practice in repairing the tree quota.

59 Posts

Are you asking how to recalculate a quota tree?  If so you can use the following command to recalculate the quota usage.

WARNING - Quota recalculations WILL disrupt operations to the file system until the operation finishes which could take hours depending on the amount of data. CIFS clients are disconnected during these events and NFS clients receive a message that the server is not responding.

.server_config DataMover -v "file quota /volumepath check path=/QtreeName"

replace DataMover, volumepath, and QtreeName with the appropriate values.

If you are not seeing the numbers you would expect in the quota report.  You may want to check if you are set to file or block for the calculation before attempting the recalc command.

To check the policy run the following:

server_param server_x -facility quota -info policy

Sagle

8 Posts

I would like the command  (non-disruptive) to display inodes for a specific Tree quota. 

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

you did not have to specify type=tree ?

59 Posts

Inodes are volume based.  You can see number of files in the quota report, but to my knowledge there is no way to view inodes at the qtree level.

server_df server_x -i, will show the inodes at the volume level.

Sagle

8.6K Posts

July 6th, 2010 11:00

whats wrong with nas_quotas -report as explained in the Quota manual ?

90 Posts

January 11th, 2011 15:00

I tried running this command and I am having problems. I logged in as root and I get "command not found"

EMC Celerra Control Station Linux Fri Jun  1 10:45:53 EDT 2007
[root@NAS1 ~]# .server_config server_2 -v "file quota /root_vdm_3/NASFS1 type=tree check path=/installs"
-bash: .server_config: command not found

I even went to the /nas/bin directory and same results. I feel like I am missing some basic thing here.

Also how do I find the location of another file system? This one (NASFS1) is on root_vms_3, but I don't know how to find that out.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 11th, 2011 16:00

when you su to root did you su or su -    ..you need to "su"  without the "-"

90 Posts

January 12th, 2011 07:00

dynamox wrote:

when you su to root did you su or su -    ..you need to "su"  without the "-"

That was part of my problem... I was logging in as root, not su to root.

So I logged in this time as nasadmin, then su to root. The command worked and took the File System offline for a few minutes this morning -whoops!

I still don't know how to get the location of the file system such as root_vms_3 where can I find this info?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

January 12th, 2011 08:00

I still don't know how to get the location of the file system such as root_vms_3 where can I find this info?

it's root_vdm_3  ...but i am not clear what is it that you are trying to do ?

90 Posts

Sorry - I want to run this recalc command on another quota tree on another file system on server_4

something like this:

.server_config server_4 -v "file quota /root_vdm_3/anotherFS type=tree check path=/anotherQT

I wasn't sure how to find out if the path was /root_vdm_3/anotherFS

second question is can this command be run on the whole file system or do you have to specify each tree path?

For example, can I run it like: .server_config server_4 -v "file quota /root_vdm_3/anotherFS type=tree

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

.server_config server_4 -v "file quota /root_vdm_3/anotherFS type=tree check path=/anotherQT

I wasn't sure how to find out if the path was /root_vdm_3/anotherFS

run "server_df server_4 | grep -i anotherFS"   ..this should display virtual datamover file system.

second question is can this command be run on the whole file system or do you have to specify each tree path?

For example, can I run it like: .server_config server_4 -v "file quota /root_vdm_3/anotherFS type=tree

i am not aware of a way of running it against the whole file system, i've always run it against each individual tree quota. Be aware that there was an issue with tree quota recalc where it took file system offline and never brought it back online. This happened to me and the only way to "release" it was to reboot the datamover. Supposedly this issue has been resolved in DART 5.6.51.3

No Events found!