Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2014 06:00

Migration - Celerra to NetApp

Hello,

I must to migrate, Celerra to NetApp...

How do I migrate local users? LGDUP.EXE does not work. It is because the target array is NetApp?

How to export users accounts and groups local ?

The same think with Sharedup.exe ... Have you any idea please?

EMCopy does not take into account the UNIX permissions. How do I migrate these UNIX permissions, robocopy only?

Thank you very much for your help.

1.2K Posts

April 16th, 2014 07:00

With multiprotocol, you must use a UNIX tool like rsync to copy the UNIX permissions first, then use EMCOPY or ROBOCOPY to get the Windows (CIFS) ACLs.  EMCOPY and ROBOCOPY will not copy any UNIX ACLs on their own - you need a UNIX tool to do so.

SHAREDUP and LGDUP should work in your case.  Are you using the LGDUP strings in the exact order as presented in the help guide?  What error is it returning?

7 Posts

April 16th, 2014 07:00

Hi Karl,

thank you for your help.

LGDUP works now !! I have find the error. The NETBIOS was in CAPITAL !!

1.2K Posts

April 16th, 2014 10:00

Ha!  I'll keep that in mind.  Think of this way: the sooner they finish the migration, the sooner they get fed up and migrate back!!

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

Karl,

you are now officially banned from ECN,  helping with migration from EMC to product X .  Be careful who buys you a drink at EMC World

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

such a politician

7 Posts

April 17th, 2014 05:00

Hello,

In fact, I have another error ... when I execute LGDUP and after EMCOPY, permissions local groups and  users are not copied to the directories of the target array. Groups are created on this target array.

Do you have any idea please?

8.6K Posts

April 17th, 2014 07:00

Hi,

Please keep in mind – lgdup/sharedup/emcopy are EMC tools that were created to be used when the target system is a VNX / Celerra.

When using a different vendors array as the target I would suggest to ask that vendor what tools he can provide and support.

Rainer

No Events found!